Rigger boots

any one have experience with them, how does the leather hold up to shit

It depends on what you want them for? Grand for driving a machine and getting up and down the odd time. Heavy for wearing all day if you are on your feet and you will sweat like hell in them if you wear them all day. They are worse than wellingtons for sweat. Personally I prefer a pair of dealer boots. They are relatively cheap. I have 2 pairs. One for clean work and the other that I don't mind if they get dirty or wet. Comfortable boots and no sweat in them

Most riggers have fur lining which is ok for winter. I buy unlined ones and they are comfortable and not sweaty. Hard found though. Last ones are dewalt, not cheap

I’m looking for them for general work ,milking,etc there’s no ankle support in a welly either I just find me feet freezing now in the wellies
I had a pair once. Won’t be getting any more.
Do you mind me asking why not

I’m looking for them for general work ,milking,etc there’s no ankle support in a welly either I just find me feet freezing now in the wellies
I was trucking at the time, I found them heavy and cumbersome and when the insole wore away it left a ring of nails exposed digging into my heel which made them unwearable. There was still loads of wear left in the sole and the leather. I'd rather wear wellies.

I was trucking at the time, I found them heavy and cumbersome and when the insole wore away it left a ring of nails exposed digging into my heel which made them unwearable. There was still loads of wear left in the sole and the leather. I'd rather wear wellies.
Sound lad

Buy a pair of Skellerup Quatro insulated wellies. And if ur between shoe sizes go a size down.
They are good for support and warm.

You can get Dunlop rigger boots that are pvc. They are lighter than leather riggers, won't lose shape when they get wet and dirty and are waterproof. I had a pair of them years ago. They were a good alternative to a steel toe Wellington.

Back when I milked cows come the winter time I always wore those light slipper type liners in my wellies. Don't know the proper name for them but they kept my feet warm and dry all day, then pulled them out and left them in the boiler house overnight. Had to wear wellies a size bigger with them.

Get yourself a good pair of insoles, I had a sore foot for ages. When I put some good insoles into the wellies the problem went away. There is no support in most of them.

Thinking of getting a pair of Dunlop Rig Air boots https://www.atkins.ie/en-ie/farm-shop/footwear/boots/dunlop-rig-air-furlined-boots-pg330045--vm when the current pair of Redback/Boa boots get retired https://www.atkins.ie/en-ie/farm-sh...k-fur-lined-rigger-boots-s1p-tan-pg330208--vm

Anyone have them & if so how do they find them, are they good to wear ? The biggest issue with the current ones is the the rubber sole breaks up over time, same issue withthe previous pair.
Had a pair of Dunlop " Rigger" fur lined waterproof boots few years ago. Turned out useless, as after a few times wearing them the lining came away from the inside of one boot and would pull right out when taking them off. Even stuffing it back in didn't work as it left no comfort when walking. Above boots look fairly similar, but "Rig Air" may be made different.

Had a pair of Dunlop " Rigger" fur lined waterproof boots few years ago. Turned out useless, as after a few times wearing them the lining came away from the inside of one boot and would pull right out when taking them off. Even stuffing it back in didn't work as it left no comfort when walking. Above boots look fairly similar, but "Rig Air" may be made different.
I had the same problem with Dunlop rigger boots 5 years ago. Seriously comfortable at the start but then the soles kept pulling out every time I took them off and hard to get the soles back in the correct position when putting the shoes back on.

Thinking of getting a pair of Dunlop Rig Air boots https://www.atkins.ie/en-ie/farm-shop/footwear/boots/dunlop-rig-air-furlined-boots-pg330045--vm

Anyone have them & if so how do they find them, are they good to wear ? The biggest issue with the current ones is the the rubber sole breaks up over time, same issue withthe previous pair.

It turns out Dunlop have stopped selling the Rig Air boots, lots of complaints about them from what I heard.
They are now selling these which don't have the fur lining https://www.dunlopboots.com/ie/boots/_item/dunlop-purofort-rigpro-full-safety

I think I'll give these waterproof leather boots a try instead https://tjomahony.ie/xpert-invincib...of-rigger-boot-brown-eu41-uk7-67xp590-41.html

Back