Ring roller

If a lot of wear what usually goes. Does shaft fail or rings start cracking? Would love one here for after sowing but acres wouldn't justify a significant spend.
[MENTION=1844]towbar[/MENTION] can you read my mind :D:D

So leaving the wear aside, am I right in thinking all rings of the same diameter will be the same weight? So give or take say a Heva with 22 inch rings should weigh similar to a Twose with 22 inch rings?

There are a few of the older vertical Vaddys around here, that's why I was bringing this up again out of curiosity.

See no reason why they shouldn't be far off the same weight but the axle/shaft designs can differ between makes.

Converted a roller from cast rings with breakers to ductile steel Cambridge rings from Agricast in UK when originals wore out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is this an unusual folding setup?

https://www.donedeal.ie/rollers-for-sale/knoche-6-3m-ring-roller/14901485
YjA4NTMxNGM1NTE5YzBmNDJiZDIwY2JjODNlOGI0NmGsovChGdW7esGZCT0zu_zKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDQ5NjEwOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

We have a similar roller here, it's a 9m, German built, Mahers in Dunshaughlin were importing them, I'm not sure if there is anyone selling them now.
Not a bad yolk, ours has had a few jobs done to it, 15 years old now and would have crossed a lot of ground.
How much is a new ring roller?

I bought 2 ring rollers this week. One 24 inch 8ft. And a 16 inch 5 ft. These are old, but small money, and will pay for themselves within the year.

I'll take photo when I'm near them.

We have a similar roller here, it's a 9m, German built, Mahers in Dunshaughlin were importing them, I'm not sure if there is anyone selling them now.
Not a bad yolk, ours has had a few jobs done to it, 15 years old now and would have crossed a lot of ground.
How much is a new ring roller?

Just from a quick Google.

Near new NRH with paddles is 15k.
Quivogne is 10k
Mandam is 8.5k.

All including VAT and 6m rolls.

dont think its worth the money hes asking though looking at the rings

They seem to be down a good bit alright.

Just from a quick Google.

Near new NRH with paddles is 15k.
Quivogne is 10k
Mandam is 8.5k.

All including VAT and 6m rolls.

They seem to be down a good bit alright.
New 6.3m Dalbo with paddles was €16500 at the show

The mandamus have manually operated paddles I think. Fair dose in heavy ground I'd imagine.

On the vertical fold models, how do they fare on typical Irish roads?

Or is it the usual, depends on the nut behind the wheel!

On the vertical fold models, how do they fare on typical Irish roads?

Or is it the usual, depends on the nut behind the wheel!
You would have to take it a bit handy with the Gordon behind a 50K suspend axle/cab tractor but never got in trouble with it.

are the vertical fold heavy enough though?

I suppose it depends on the make/ring size.

I know several that seem to get on okay with the older Vaddy ones which have 19 inch rings.

Others such as the Gordon, Twose and Edlington have much bigger rings and indeed wheels to support the weight.

That's only from a cursory glance mind you.

We have a heva xhd roller 6.3 metre here and trust me if your land is sloping or hilly you won't do much with the paddles! Brilliant roller but the chrome on the rams is awful but mine were replaced under warranty and I grease them even though I keep it in the shed.. has anyone tried a Walter Watson?

We have a heva xhd roller 6.3 metre here and trust me if your land is sloping or hilly you won't do much with the paddles! Brilliant roller but the chrome on the rams is awful but mine were replaced under warranty and I grease them even though I keep it in the shed.. has anyone tried a Walter Watson?
Is it a Heva?
If so, did you get any bother with the bearings?

Is it a Heva?
If so, did you get any bother with the bearings?

Ya it's a heva 630 no not yet thank God I grease them often enough though are they supposed to be troublesome?

Back