Ring roller

Looks decent sized ring on it would that big be reasonable value even with fees?

Did you throw any few bids or just reckon it wasn't worth it?

There were a few rings broken with sections gone from them and others cracked plus a good bit of wear in the shaft.

The bigger thing was the width of it, it was close if not more than 3m with the folding mechanism on it and transported on very small wheels.

So in short it wouldn't work here.

Is it fair to say once you see a few rings damaged it's likely the rest will quickly follow especially on stoney ground?

Is it fair to say once you see a few rings damaged it's likely the rest will quickly follow especially on stoney ground?

not sure really. It's probably a fair measure of the work that the roller has done.

that said, our roller has had a few broken rings which we have replaced as they occur but not many really (4-5 in total). Forward speed when hitting stones is probably a big factor in the frequency of breakages.

Anybody have any opinions on ring types? Are breaker rings preferable post sowing?
No, post sowing breaker rings are no advantage post sowing.
Breaker rings are only useful in less than ideal conditions, ok in front of the sower but a no no after.

No, post sowing breaker rings are no advantage post sowing.
Breaker rings are only useful in less than ideal conditions, ok in front of the sower but a no no after.

Thanks for that gone and Sorry for all the amateur questions!

I taught the theory behind the breaker/serrated rings was to leave a rougher finish to help prevent soil run off of heavy rain came after sowing rather than the very smooth channel left by the other type rings if you get me. It was a lad working for cross engineering told me that at cereals a few years ago, maybe it was just a reason to charge more tho

Spotted this...

DwpTCquWwAI3U5s

I'd say @CORK has it bought under TAMS.....

Back