Roller/drill transporter

nashmach

The drill here is fairly wide on the road and similarly the roller is not the best being carried full.

Do any of ye lads have something similar and what do you use to bring them around?

I know the drill piece is probably complicating it a bit :rolleyes:;)

Ohhhh watch out [MENTION=2627]john415[/MENTION] - Nashmach must be gearing up to take a heap of conacre in the fertile crescent around Wexford town......

Didn't some of the Massey drills have a towing kit? At least I can remember something like that. Mightn't be possible to retrofit though.

The drill here is fairly wide on the road and similarly the roller is not the best being carried full.

Do any of ye lads have something similar and what do you use to bring them around?

I know the drill piece is probably complicating it a bit :rolleyes:;)

Reekie drill transporter? Then fabricate a couple of cradles to take the roller,

Ohhhh watch out [MENTION=2627]john415[/MENTION] - Nashmach must be gearing up to take a heap of conacre in the fertile crescent around Wexford town......

Didn't some of the Massey drills have a towing kit? At least I can remember something like that. Mightn't be possible to retrofit though.
Oh there's a couple of pockets of heavy stuff il let him into first to soften his cough.

A trailer like the spud men use for transporting the bed tillers or 4m one pass Nash.Could have it hydraulic raise nd lower nd drive up one side in hitch nd off the other side.

[emoji16] [emoji16] Who else do you think is offering 240 an acre [emoji3]
Reekie drill transporter? Then fabricate a couple of cradles to take the roller,
Haven't seen one of those in ages, I'd reckon they are very scarce now with most having been scrapped.

have one myself for carring round a 4m power harrow,its not here in the yard at the minute as a friend got the loan of it to move a 4m kongskilde levelling harrow.
might have a pic here of it.was built for a massey drill,as there were stops for the wheels on it.

Had an old picture of it,not a great one but you will get the jist

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431418899.683286.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen one of those in ages, I'd reckon they are very scarce now with most having been scrapped.

Aye dont know when I last saw one this side of Scotland more of an east coast thing anyway prior to the built in transport kit

Hi Nash, got a 4 metre transporter in under a drill recently, it's got ramps to reverse up into which could accommodate a roller as well. Wouldn't take a lot of work to shorten it for the 2.4 metre. Thought I had a photo of it on file but it seems not the case.
MF30

Had an old picture of it,not a great one but you will get the jist

View attachment 28877

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that drop right to the ground baz?

Hi Nash, got a 4 metre transporter in under a drill recently, it's got ramps to reverse up into which could accommodate a roller as well. Wouldn't take a lot of work to shorten it for the 2.4 metre. Thought I had a photo of it on file but it seems not the case.
MF30

I think that one is up on a well known ad site ;)

Had actually noticed the 4m frame you sold recently too with the transport kit which would be a novel way of doing it with work as I think it could be a bit one sided if you let the wheels down in the frame.

Yes that's the transporter-it's a fierce long bus! The one with the transport kit attached was actually a 3 metre-sold locally and the axle ram position altered to balance it better and make more room for the roller. Then used 2 folding draw bars as ramps! Neat job.:thumbup: Some of the 4 metre frames have been converted into land levellers, rollers and power harrow transporters by their new ambitious and welder happy owners...
MF30

The one with the transport kit attached was sold locally and the axle ram position altered to balance it better and make more room for the roller. Then used 2 folding draw bars as ramps! Neat job.:thumbup:
MF30

When I saw it, that was similar to what I was thinking of alright :thumbup:

The frame would be plenty strong as well to be fair.

Looking for a transporter for a 2.4m MF drill or similar size if Anyone has one.or knows of one.

Last edited:
The wheels turned out to be more complex than expected but my tyreman has tyres sourced (the others were pretty rotten despite good thread) and the rims are being blasted and primed locally and another coat on them here. Very good job these are too.

The rims are an unusual size with a 190mm PCD so not easy to find so that's why they are going back on.IMG-3c0b27f88e7b33f733d60708c4e15b91-V_zpsrzxwqmou.jpg

The wheels turned out to be more complex than expected but my tyreman has tyres sourced (the others were pretty rotten despite good thread) and the rims are being blasted and primed locally and another coat on them here. Very good job these are too.

The rims are an unusual size with a 190mm PCD so not easy to find so that's why they are going back on.View attachment 50081
Those wheels look like they're off a Ford Cargo 4 cylinder truck from the late 80s, those split rims are also known as widowmakers so be careful! 7.50x16 was the size and the newer Cargos were 8.25x16.5 or something odd like that.
MF30

Those wheels look like they're off a Ford Cargo 4 cylinder truck from the late 80s, those split rims are also known as widowmakers so be careful! 7.50x16 was the size and the newer Cargos were 8.25x16.5 or something odd like that.
MF30

No, it's off an older Isuzu NPR or similar from the late 80's. Axle is exactly six feet.

They are actually 7.00 x 16's tubed tyres and I know all about their reputation which is why I'm sorting them right now and the tyreman took off the old tyres and will be refitting the new ones.

No, it's off an older Isuzu NPR or similar from the late 80's. Axle is exactly six feet.

They are actually 7.00 x 16's tubed tyres and I know all about their reputation which is why I'm sorting them right now and the tyreman took off the old tyres and will be refitting the new ones.
Alot of tyre lads won't even touch them now we had a bale trailer with them one time

20180114_145816_zpsanstcw0h.jpg Got these all sorted in the past few days. It makes the rest look bad now.:blushing:

I'd like to add some cheap mudguards on it. The overall diameter is around 30 ins. A barrel cut in two is too small but I do have some light steel which would work in time if not.

Back