Same tractors

massey 6480

Not sure if there’s a thread for them . Views / opinions on a same Antares 110 . No little about them but look a good block of a tractor. Tia

Not sure if there’s a thread for them . Views / opinions on a same Antares 110 . No little about them but look a good block of a tractor. Tia

I suppose its only fitting that I should reply.

Decent tractors for the money but watch for rust.

Will be high spec, 4 wheel braking, trailer brakes, usually 4 spools, try and get one with the earlier bosch lift and not the later version.

Synchros between each gears will need checked, most should have had the upgraded synchro cones fitted at this stage.

Wouldn't be afraid of one that looks to have any sort of care taken off it..

Good lump of a tractor as you say
Drove one for a good few years with a 12 ton dump trailer and it was a good machine to pull. The lad that serviced for the contractor that I worked for rekoned that an engine was good for 15k+ hours if serviced properly.

Lads have covered most the stuff here. Rust and electrical issues are the two primary concerns. Not a hard tractor to work at tbf, bits readily available too. Simple good to pull. I heard of a lad bypassing the electric pto and making it manual. Took out a drill and bored a hole in the side of the tractor. Then somehow put on a lever to turn on the pto. I thought it was good work.

However, with air cooled engines, by and large they seem more prone to getting blocked up in our climate. They suck in the dust, they suck in moisture. Then the dust sets. Just check the pots for the cooling on the engine. Keep them well blown out. More importantly, check to see if the last lad did.

I suppose if you bought one Massey 6480 have you a good mechanic who knows them or former dealer?

There's a thread on here about their sister make Lamborghini but I don't think it ever covered these models I'm nearly sure.

2005 4 x spools, air con, manual shuttle, radio, Quicke Q760 loader, 420/85 R 24, 520/70 R 34, tyres poor, 11374 hours, £12,750

1-26.jpg

Bil had one of the first of them with the clutchless shuttle and it was very poor,the shuttle wasn't properly developed.
His one had a turbo fitted from new ,was power in it while it was going.
Dealer had to buy it back in the end it was so bad.the one above isn't dear anyway.
Having said that , another friend advertised a silver 130 recently and no phone calls,and they aren't a bad tractor

2005 4 x spools, air con, manual shuttle, radio, Quicke Q760 loader, 420/85 R 24, 520/70 R 34, tyres poor, 11374 hours, £12,750

1-26.jpg
See all the linkage pins stuck in the loader it’s probably hanging of it. If you were vat registered and wanted a cheap loader tractor it might be value.

See all the linkage pins stuck in the loader it’s probably hanging of it. If you were vat registered and wanted a cheap loader tractor it might be value.
It's like a yoke that didn't see much of the grease gun.

Rusty, ungreased, missing chunks of mudguard, tow pins in the loader.

It would probably be racist for us to suggest the type of farm it was on :lol:
At the same time that tractor at the current exchange rate including vat is €18k look on DoneDeal for what you’d buy including vat at that money. If you were handy and had the time bush the loader bit of welding and painting tidy up the mudguards bonnet and steps a cheap set of worn tyres most likely front axel will need work. I’m told a new plain rossmore loader without self levelling is 10k now the same will be worth it to someone.

At the same time that tractor at the current exchange rate including vat is €18k look on DoneDeal for what you’d buy including vat at that money. If you were handy and had the time bush the loader bit of welding and painting tidy up the mudguards bonnet and steps a cheap set of worn tyres most likely front axel will need work. I’m told a new plain rossmore loader without self levelling is 10k now the same will be worth it to someone.
If they were it's only problems it would be fine if you had the time. From my expierence a tractor that looks like that has had a hard life and probably has some underlying issues.

Back