Screw to Connect Quick Release Couplings

lough

Did anyone ever see these type couplings before or know where to get them, 3/4 inch. I have tried a few places and they never heard of them. I was on to a hydraulic supplier today and after an hour trying to find them in a catalogue he tracked down two suppliers, one could supply them in 12 weeks and the other in 20-22 weeks. One set was working out at about 400 euro incl vat. Does anyone know any good hydraulic suppliers that might have them or would able to locate them.

Find old dowty fittings...
Can I ask why normal 3/4 fittings won't do?

I had flat face couplings on and they only lasted three months, they are on a rock breaker and the vibration wore them, I had ordinary screw on connections before that and every time you took them of you were losing a cup of oil and it soon added up as you were probably only breaking for about six hours before you had to put on the bucket to clear it away

I had flat face couplings on and they only lasted three months, they are on a rock breaker and the vibration wore them, I had ordinary screw on connections before that and every time you took them of you were losing a cup of oil and it soon added up as you were probably only breaking for about six hours before you had to put on the bucket to clear it away
Were they cheap fittings?(cheap made not cheap cheap?
I got 1/2flat face fittings on the 310 and they are slowly getting wore with the cycling

Were they cheap fittings?(cheap made not cheap cheap?
I got 1/2flat face fittings on the 310 and they are slowly getting wore with the cycling

I don't know if they were cheap or not, I just bought the first ones I got. I don't think it matters what you put on, they are all going to end up the same. It's the way it is set up, the flat face coupling is not a tight rigid joint even when new and the hose is moving all the time so it will wear. I need something that is going to provide a rigid joint

Youd see them a lot on the hydraulic hoses connecting combine headers and forage harvester headers. Could you try one of those places? I think the advantage is you can open them when pressurised and screw them back on etc..

Youd see them a lot on the hydraulic hoses connecting combine headers and forage harvester headers. Could you try one of those places? I think the advantage is you can open them when pressurised and screw them back on etc..
Like the screw on couplings merlo use for 3rd service? Mc hugh and kramp do them, €29 for female bit dunno what male is, would assume cheaper

I was talking to a hydraulic parts supplier today that I was onto a couple of weeks ago about them and he eventually tracked ones down as he had two other guys looking for them as well. He is expecting to have them in a fortnight. I want to see what they are like first so I will wait. I will try that website if these don't turn up:Thumbp2:

Like the screw on couplings merlo use for 3rd service? Mc hugh and kramp do them, €29 for female bit dunno what male is, would assume cheaper

I came across them by McHugh and Kramp but the oil flow through them wasn't big enough for what I need

Would you need a tool to be able to get them on under preasure?
Sound like a good plan for loaders if not. Save having to switch off and release pressure

Would you need a tool to be able to get them on under preasure?
Sound like a good plan for loaders if not. Save having to switch off and release pressure

I'm just assuming it would, your gradually screwing the connections together rather that trying to force them on..

Reactions: AYF
Back