Seen for sale...

I am looking out for a loader tractor with a bit and have come across a ts 115 with loader ,the only problem is it has 12k hours(analogue clock) but has been well serviced ,it only has basic gearbox dry clutch ,It would do me the manual shuttle front tyres down ,back about 30/40% good honest tractor .Only gripe is it slow enough to start from cold ,battery,starter,engine and heater seem to be in order,i am wondering could this defect become a major flaw !I am thinking 20k should buy it ,it like this i will only be putting 200 hours and i know the history of it.Any opinions should I risk it with the high hours or run a mile

I am looking out for a loader tractor with a bit and have come across a ts 115 with loader ,the only problem is it has 12k hours(analogue clock) but has been well serviced ,it only has basic gearbox dry clutch ,It would do me the manual shuttle front tyres down ,back about 30/40% good honest tractor .Only gripe is it slow enough to start from cold ,battery,starter,engine and heater seem to be in order,i am wondering could this defect become a major flaw !I am thinking 20k should buy it ,it like this i will only be putting 200 hours and i know the history of it.Any opinions should I risk it with the high hours or run a mile

If It's As tidy As You say I Wouldn't Be afraid of It At All.

The Powerstar engine In Those Is a peach And handles a Turbo With No issues Even to high hours.

It Might Be Something As simple As a battery With low cranking power.

Some of those were slow enough to start, some had two batteries fitted, or a Mahle 4.2kw starter will transform it
Its 12/12 then with no dual power?

Could be a lazy starter

Some of those were slow enough to start, some had two batteries fitted, or a Mahle 4.2kw starter will transform it
Its 12/12 then with no dual power?
That is the one ,she is very dead with a load behind facing any bit of a hlll the more i think about it ,i think she has her life spent really .12k hours of not being spared is probably the life of them really.Them old clock used go around slow enough compared to the modern day digital clock

That is the one ,she is very dead with a load behind facing any bit of a hlll the more i think about it ,i think she has her life spent really .12k hours of not being spared is probably the life of them really.Them old clock used go around slow enough compared to the modern day digital clock
They were dead enough anyway without a turbo, but as you say, she may have her best years behind her. Its still a fair ball of cash to be spending.

The vast majority of them got a high speed starter during their life which did away with the poor starting altogether. There's a lot of Powerstars out there with close to 20k hours on the original engine so those hours wouldn't really put me off but it's a lot of dosh for 12k hours.

Hmmm, that changes things, I had thought you meant very dead starting not in general moving around.

12x12 box with no dual power would be rare enough too!

12k hours wouldn't be huge by any means on a fairly modern 6 cylinder engine. It certainly wouldn't bother me if I knew the history of the tractor and it had been minded. I know of a couple of lads who bought those tractors new and were disappointed with them for power. They were expecting them to do the work of big tractors just because they were 6 bangers. 20k euro sounds a bit strong to me given the hours are the wrong side of 10k. I wouldn't be a Ford or NH man though so maybe others might think it's well worth the asking price?.

You had a very good one on here before about a cavan man eating the dinner out of a drawer or something

I don't know the exact phrasing but i think its along the lines of he eats his dinner from a drawer in case the neighbour calls and he'd feel obliged to offer him some.

Some say barbed wire was invented by two cavan men fighting over a penny

Back