Shed cost

[MENTION=3831]lough[/MENTION] do you know if you need planning for an outdoor horse arena thing?

My advice would be to ask the planning department locally, if you don't need planning they are obliged to tell you so, and if it turns out you do need planing then you might have saved a lot of hastle by going there in the first place IYKWIM.

Not sure if "but you honnor, the lads on F4F didn't recon I needed planing" stands up in court:lol::lol:

In saying that we have two big sheds up the best part of 10 years with no planing so.......;)

You wouldnt want my neighbour then. A case of fencing his horses out, he's there about 20 years and still has never done any fencing, not even fixing after his horses breaking or eating the steaks.:angry::angry::angry:

The reason I know I am allergic to them is because the wife has one which is coming with us. There is talk of another but I have made it clear until I get a tractor there are no more horses.

By the way sorry [MENTION=2524]CORK[/MENTION] for taking this s bit off topic.

Thats a nice shed in journal but would it better to have two doors at side and 20' bays alltough this would add another couple of grand.That price of that shed 60x44 at €34 +vat seemed cheap as he didnt do the work himself ,I can t see how he got it so cheap as he used fibre cement on roof which cost at least 5k and all that concrete dont long add up

The reason I know I am allergic to them is because the wife has one which is coming with us. There is talk of another but I have made it clear until I get a tractor there are no more horses.

By the way sorry [MENTION=2524]CORK[/MENTION] for taking this s bit off topic.

No worries Profi. I'm interested to hear all contributions.

or look at it another way, if you can put up a 10m x 20m shed theres nothing stopping you putting up another one next year

or look at it another way, if you can put up a 10m x 20m shed theres nothing stopping you putting up another one next year
Could ypu put up one and let's say leave one end upon and them just add another 10 by 20 on next year

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

i done a shed here for a lad, from a green field site to handing over the keys job.
48x35 shed, non drip roof, .7 sheeting, 35n poured walls 8' high, galvanised, imported timber, 35n concrete power floated base, 2x roller doors with rubber seal, inertia brake, a remote for the two and one pedestrian 10 bolt access door.
that job cost that man 32k and he got the vat back out of that.
to give you some idea.

i done a shed here for a lad, from a green field site to handing over the keys job.
48x35 shed, non drip roof, .7 sheeting, 35n poured walls 8' high, galvanised, imported timber, 35n concrete power floated base, 2x roller doors with rubber seal, inertia brake, a remote for the two and one pedestrian 10 bolt access door.
to give you some idea.

would that have been recently enough? doesnt sound too mad money for the spec

would that have been recently enough? doesnt sound too mad money for the spec
about 18 mths ago.
i havnt bothered with them since the ce spec came in.
id be paid for the making of it, erecting it, shuttering it, flooring it and all the associated site works which werent too much on this one.
the materials are at cost.

it was well finished off, i put it up to 14' at the eaves even tho he only wanted 12'.
two hockey sticks are poured into the wall as well so no pipes or cable running up the wall to keep it somewhat tidy.
that also included everything flashed, barges, sheet tails, roof caps corners and round the door areas, flashing isnt cheap.
all sheets nailed to the roof with no more than two spaces clear, 6 roof lights as well and gutter's piped to the drain.

its not a steal, but its a superior shed to what would be about in a lot of cases, all knees and ankle joints done out of rsj sections, brace brackets welded back at every pressure point.
4x 60x60x6 angle braces.
you could save 3 odd k by going with cheaper products but if you ever seen .5 sheeting you would know what im on about.
you darent walk anywhere but on the purlins, and even at that it can be tricky not to dent it.

about 18 mths ago.
i havnt bothered with them since the ce spec came in.
id be paid for the making of it, erecting it, shuttering it, flooring it and all the associated site works which werent too much on this one.
the materials are at cost.

it was well finished off, i put it up to 14' at the eaves even tho he only wanted 12'.
two hockey sticks are poured into the wall as well so no pipes or cable running up the wall to keep it somewhat tidy.
that also included everything flashed, barges, sheet tails, roof caps corners and round the door areas, flashing isnt cheap.
all sheets nailed to the roof with no more than two spaces clear, 6 roof lights as well and gutter's piped to the drain.

its not a steal, but its a superior shed to what would be about in a lot of cases, all knees and ankle joints done out of rsj sections, brace brackets welded back at every pressure point.
4x 60x60x6 angle braces.
you could save 3 odd k by going with cheaper products but if you ever seen .5 sheeting you would know what im on about.
you darent walk anywhere but on the purlins, and even at that it can be tricky not to dent it.

any electrial work in that tinny?

to give you some idea.

As always tinman no short cuts and sound like a well put together shed....

[MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION] We have a side pedestrian access door into a machinery shed but it is a small roller door...could do with a better security on it...where is the best place to get a secure door..I suppose it would need to be bespoke because it will need to fit the existing opening...

As always tinman no short cuts and sound like a well put together shed....

@tinman We have a side pedestrian access door into a machinery shed but it is a small roller door...could do with a better security on it...where is the best place to get a secure door..I suppose it would need to be bespoke because it will need to fit the existing opening...
cheers hi.
apart from making one, this is what i do use.
its not bullet proof, but its a good door all the same.
http://www.flemingltd.com/doors/steel-doors/customised-steel-door/

to give you some idea.

[MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION]

thanks for this info. Would the rate of VAT that he could claim back be 13.5% as it is supplied and erected?

@tinman

thanks for this info. Would the rate of VAT that he could claim back be 13.5% as it is supplied and erected?
yes.

your no further on in my case buying the materials yourself.
do bear in mind im not the cheapest to get a shed done with, but for the reasons mentioned in my other post re the finish.

and then there is the whole CE thing too, worst case scenario the ins dosent pay out on damage if it wasnt certed, there is no mention of that as of yet but you know insurance company's...

What are peoples views on non drip Tegral sheeting versus fibre cement?

What are peoples views on non drip Tegral sheeting versus fibre cement?
ive never put on fiber cement roofing, but if i had to id of charged a decent amount more as its not as simple as .7 sheeting.
id be putting in one more string of timbers as well to take the bit of xtra weight but thats just me.

as for the non drip stuff, there is thicker and thinner versions of it too, but all in all its a half way house to the fully insulated sheeting which is rocket money.
you cant seal the shed up tho, as in putting foam strips on the outside purlin to stop the draft, it actually needs to have a movement of air to dry it off, and when it is working it needs to drain itself to the gutter on the underside as well.
it will take so much water, once it passes more than it can hold then it will drip but its unusual it gets that wet.
however, if i did want a fairly dry shed id be putting it on the sheets, it is a good job for the cost of it.

ive never put on fiber cement roofing, but if i had to id of charged a decent amount more as its not as simple as .7 sheeting.
id be putting in one more string of timbers as well to take the bit of xtra weight but thats just me.

as for the non drip stuff, there is thicker and thinner versions of it too, but all in all its a half way house to the fully insulated sheeting which is rocket money.
you cant seal the shed up tho, as in putting foam strips on the outside purlin to stop the draft, it actually needs to have a movement of air to dry it off, and when it is working it needs to drain itself to the gutter on the underside as well.
it will take so much water, once it passes more than it can hold then it will drip but its unusual it gets that wet.
however, if i did want a fairly dry shed id be putting it on the sheets, it is a good job for the cost of it.

Is there not heavier timbers under fibre cement sheets anyway to account for the weight tinman? Never put a tape on the ones here but they're definitely more than 6". There's more work alright they cut the corners off each sheet to help them sit together better...or something along those lines I can't remember rightly!

On the fibre cement or non drip question for livestock, a parlour or workshop where you will be working fibre cement every time, saw the difference at the moorepark open day. FC on parlour down there, the sun was splitting stones and a it was lovely and cool inside, went home and sweated it out in the parlour the same evening even with a roof 18' to eaves swore the next parlour would have FC. Workshop is the same here, a sweat box! easier to work in a feed passage in one of the livestock sheds with FC roofs. For just general machinery storage non drip would be ideal and just ordinary sheeting on calf houses etc to avoid mould growth.

How does the non drip behave after a night of frost, it would be like rainfall under the timbers with the ordinary sheeting when the thaw comes.

Back