Sheeting a Shed

Just go with full length sheets. Will last years longer. Quicker to install aswell, just need a small bit of a plan on how you do it. I'm assuming there arent longer than 40ft?

Never heard of anyone in the Agri side doing it . A roof or lean to shed . A roof sheds are easier to roof with single sheets as you can walk along both roofs with the sheet and then go down which ever side the sheet is for . Lean to roof it’s just easy / safer to use 2 sheets . All the old sheds that are up were done with 3 sheets.
Make sure you get .6 mm sheeting-or greater Massive difference in strength compared to .55mm which is very prone to kinking where you walk .

Quick question how far apart is the right distance to leave between the side sheet and the first roof sheet. This is the gap which the flashing will be covering

Last edited:
I'd have them square to each other if I'm reading your question correctly.

I think I should have said how far apart should the roof sheeting and the side sheeting be, this is the gap that the side flashing covers

Original post edited

Last edited:
Lean to shed, 2 19ft sheets

Myself and a fellow you wouldnt describe as any way farm or buildings handy, put up 36ft sheets no bother. Had a decent scissors lift and managed to leave a few middle rafters off and lift sheets into position with the lift. (Extended out it was about 22ft platform). We just side shifted the sheets as we went across the sheet.

Back