Silage 2019

How much would those 2 have raked for the first cut...there's no one up around here done yet... but not far off I would say
Two 1st cuts to do on Friday and 3 stragglers one of which will be mid July, should have a few 2nd cuts under the belt by then...

In helping out a contractor friend today as one of his tractors is poorly atm. Very heavy cut of grass and plenty of sap in it.

Loader drivers are brave men, how the silage is gotten down out of them is another issue. A lot of farmers don't understand much about operating machinery and their limits/risks. I know of one contractor who lost a job because he wouldn't put silage in a pit beside a new slurry tank that had not yet got slats and was full of water! The pit would always be 20ft high and the width of a loader on top.:scared:

Loader drivers are brave men, how the silage is gotten down out of them is another issue. A lot of farmers don't understand much about operating machinery and their limits/risks. I know of one contractor who lost a job because he wouldn't put silage in a pit beside a new slurry tank that had not yet got slats and was full of water! The pit would always be 20ft high and the width of a loader on top.:scared:
Presumably he got a contractor to do it though!

Wouldn't matter whether it had slats on or not, from that height the loader would go through slats.

Field on the side of the black stairs mountains today. A lot more steep than it looks with a great view. Bottom corners very dodgey when trying to turn across. Also trying to keep the mower up the hill when driving across was a challenge. Kept passing me out down the hill. Was left to dry for 6 hours before the trailers went in. Light loads and it’s all out safe and sound.

EC5C0392-A307-4FD2-9480-46AF9AEF0DBA.jpeg

Wait till some damp year and maybe the pit will be got up but it's bound to split and then the crying will start :sweat:
sure as eggs is eggs, the one tall narrow pit we did split down the middle, barely the width of the loader on top and best part of 8 metres high, cant understand the mentality because if it was 10ft wider on the base there would be a lot less waste for a given tonnage.

Did you purchase

No . Hired it off the same man I bought mine from . He didn't want to take anything , but I didn't want to be under obligation down the line . Gettingnthe engine done in 8145 . Taking longer than hoped . My own fault .

No . Hired it off the same man I bought mine from . He didn't want to take anything , but I didn't want to be under obligation down the line . Gettingnthe engine done in 8145 . Taking longer than hoped . My own fault .

What's up with the 8145?

Mower picture taken.las Tuesday . Reseeded 7/10/18 . Nice crop . Tipperary 4 . No clover

The recently cut silage ground in the distance , is @Mf240 country estate .

View attachment 67045

Looks a good heavy crop :Thumbp2:

I was giving the local contractors a hand today, the sp was easy to stay beside no speeding it was very heavy crop. Pity it always wasn't like that instead of trying to rally around fields.

Looks a good heavy crop :Thumbp2:

I was giving the local contractors a hand today, the sp was easy to stay beside no speeding it was very heavy crop. Pity it always wasn't like that instead of trying to rally around fields.

That was at the 2nd lightest field i had . I have had great results from lime I spread at 2 tons per acre in 2017 and 18 .

Finished 1st cut 19,had the cvx on the wagon,pulls it well but seemed short on pto torque.

Was struggling with the loadall on the clamp,hooked the cvx off to go on the buckrake as I’d 4 loads to push up,bloody front links wouldn’t lift:curse:seems to think they are already up.

Hook the fendt on and promptly snapped the front mudguard off:curse: was a real 1 man and his wife affair she tedded and went on the rake,I mowed picked up and buckraked,we both sheeted up and I’m absolutely cream crackered now.:sleep:

Finished 1st cut 19,had the cvx on the wagon,pulls it well but seemed short on pto torque.

Was struggling with the loadall on the clamp,hooked the cvx off to go on the buckrake as I’d 4 loads to push up,bloody front links wouldn’t lift:curse:seems to think they are already up.

Hook the fendt on and promptly snapped the front mudguard off:curse: was a real 1 man and his wife affair she tedded and went on the rake,I mowed picked up and buckraked,we both sheeted up and I’m absolutely cream crackered now.:sleep:

With three loadalls I'm surprised youd bother using a tractor on the clamp

Back