Silage Situation

WestClare

How are ye all for stuff? time for the weather and places to really start dryin up or things are goin to get bad.!

got about 4-5 weeks of 2012 good silage left
got about 4 weeks of 2011 and 2010 at the back(might be 5hite now):sweatdrop:got some barley here incase its crap
also got about 120 bales of silage/haylege and 50 of hay so should be ok

Should be ok here. All stock are being given extra meal to help stretch out whats left, in case its a late spring.

Might scrape another month,slurry up through the slats this evening:scared:
Too little of one and too much of the other:sweatdrop:

a few round here have run out.
im ok for what i need, but cattle are hungry these days.
got a few calls of late to see if i had any for sale.

got about 4-5 weeks of 2012 good silage left
got about 4 weeks of 2011 and 2010 at the back(might be 5hite now):sweatdrop:got some barley here incase its crap
also got about 120 bales of silage/haylege and 50 of hay so should be ok

Shouldn't be anything wrong with it if it went in ok just be a little waste on the face. Have some here from pre foot n mouth. Going to have enough first cut to last through till mid may only feed that to milkers. Dry cows and heifers on second cut have used almost 3 bays of a 60x90 pit, will switch milkers onto it after 1st cut runs out or shed gets refilled. Cows fed all year possibly staying in all year this time but no desicion set in stone yet. Will be in at nights whatever. Could quite easily end up selling some silage

Done another budget up yesterday, have enough till the last day of Feburary if I keep going at the current rate, would hope to extend that to Paddies day so have introduced straw and will buy in a bit more meal next week.

amen to that

I think Larry and co will have to go to Lourdes, Knock and Medugorje in one week, the way it is looking at present.....

From the grass measurers on here, I'd like to know if there was any growth at all during the winter as there doesn't seem to have been :undecided:

I think Larry and co will have to go to Lourdes, Knock and Medugorje in one week, the way it is looking at present.....

From the grass measurers on here, I'd like to know if there was any growth at all during the winter as there doesn't seem to have been :undecided:
tiz growing here:thumbup:albeit slowly
we'll have a frost tonight,first 1 of this supposed cold spell,about the 3rd this winter

How are ye all for stuff? time for the weather and places to really start dryin up or things are goin to get bad.!

serious shortage , the most obvious thing is the awfull quality , i bought stuff of four different farmers so far and it ranged from pure junk to junk to below average to very average at best

Back