Slurry agitator which one ??

What's peoples thoughts on the newrock superflow?
Same pump is sold as Redrock superflow, also sold as Major super.
Major-Agitator-3-of-21.jpg

H

have one of the first must be here ten years. Great pump but needs power to drive it
Have a Conor 7000 now , same as the plantmec we had before . Very good pump but they need hp especially in big tanks

Did either of ye ever work or see a redrock high flow or could ye compare the too? We were always told the cross could chop stuff because of a sort of a sheer bar in the bottom of it and it could be beneficial for the trailing shoe.

Same pump is sold as Redrock superflow, also sold as Major super.
Major-Agitator-3-of-21.jpg
dont want to be boring but other than its ability to pump slurry from the store, it would be much slower than a 650mm four blade impeller working at just below crust depth.
The Mixit is mechanically so much simpler with no bearings in the slurry, no gearboxes etc.
A 14ft stirrer will fit through most access holes and the circulation will just shock/amaze you. In lagoons it is four times quicker.
The price is, i guess, at least less than half the price.

dont want to be boring but other than its ability to pump slurry from the store, it would be much slower than a 650mm four blade impeller working at just below crust depth.
The Mixit is mechanically so much simpler with no bearings in the slurry, no gearboxes etc.
A 14ft stirrer will fit through most access holes and the circulation will just shock/amaze you. In lagoons it is four times quicker.
I've had one of these for years and also a pump, as I see it horses for courses.
rwa-1.jpg

Demo

if you have a chat with Bennagri at the ploughing match, he may be able to help you. if not attending then give him a ring.
re the stirrers above this, they have bearings in the slurry, the impeller will cavitate above 80hp, the stationary framework will impede crust circulation -------

if you have a chat with Bennagri at the ploughing match, he may be able to help you. if not attending then give him a ring.
re the stirrers above this, they have bearings in the slurry, the impeller will cavitate above 80hp, the stationary framework will impede crust circulation -------
Any video of the underslat stirrers working.
Or putting them through the manhole

Any video of the underslat stirrers working.
Or putting them through the manhole

rather tricky to video underslats, but must be similar to the videos on the website. Obviously the posts dont help.
I did make a trip stirrer but they are such a lot of work to make strong enough to cope with the power.
I now sell 14ft version as a popular length and these are in use in Scotland and a few in Ireland. (sold by Whites of Cork)
Everybody seems happy with this length and inserting the machine has only once been an issue; the hole was too small.
I confess i have only stirred one underslat store and we tractor lifted the frame with no top link, inserted the machine and attached the top link.
the stirrer is not heavy, by comparison to conventional stirrers, so can be manoeuvered by hand if necessary.
Bennagri, showing at the ploughing match, was talking to an underslat owner the other day so may be able to advise you on the locations.

There's no bearings in slurry on the Redrock anyway. Just a rubber collar around the shaft just above the propeller.

rather tricky to video underslats, but must be similar to the videos on the website. Obviously the posts dont help.
I did make a trip stirrer but they are such a lot of work to make strong enough to cope with the power.
I now sell 14ft version as a popular length and these are in use in Scotland and a few in Ireland. (sold by Whites of Cork)
Everybody seems happy with this length and inserting the machine has only once been an issue; the hole was too small.
I confess i have only stirred one underslat store and we tractor lifted the frame with no top link, inserted the machine and attached the top link.
the stirrer is not heavy, by comparison to conventional stirrers, so can be manoeuvered by hand if necessary.
Bennagri, showing at the ploughing match, was talking to an underslat owner the other day so may be able to advise you on the locations.

Any video of it been placed in slatted tank ? I presume youd need good space to get it into the tank ? Iv two tanks that even the redrock stand up and the nc foldable get it tight to get in cause iv limited space in front of tank

There's no bearings in slurry on the Redrock anyway. Just a rubber collar around the shaft just above the propeller.

There’s no bearing on my Storth stirrer just a rubber collar,only a muppet would immerse the bearing.

Do you have a video of an underslat mixer working? Or one being put into a slat manhole

Sorry, never had my camera with me.
i can only say there are 25 14ft stirrers out there and they all cope without complaint or comment.
Because it is a rotating, one piece, tube it can be cut to any length.
some have a 3m extention frame so they can stir lagoons as well.
Cant find anything on underslat tank ?

Id like to see
there is a few pics of a stirrer inserted but it is just imposible to film underslats - fumes, dark etc.

Sorry, never had my camera with me.
i can only say there are 25 14ft stirrers out there and they all cope without complaint or comment.
Because it is a rotating, one piece, tube it can be cut to any length.
some have a 3m extention frame so they can stir lagoons as well.

there is a few pics of a stirrer inserted but it is just imposible to film underslats - fumes, dark etc.

Cant find them:scratchhead:

Back