Slurry spreading

Land just about good enough to drag the shoe, good job it's a flat field.
IMG_20180205_160956.jpg

Land just about good enough to drag the shoe, good job it's a flat field.View attachment 51218

nearly okay to do a bit here, but not stuck for storage but have to move a few loads out of a shallow tank. Will hold off for another few week until ground may get more of a chance. Ground surprisingly okay around here. little or no poaching in the back end as cattle were off land early seems to have been a great help

Land just about good enough to drag the shoe, good job it's a flat field.View attachment 51218

About 2 weeks storage space left in 12 bays of shed here in leitrim. The small shed is only a 4 bay and will hold out for another 6 weeks - but it wouldn't be long filling up if we were to dump from the other tanks into it. Not a hope of getting out anywhere unless we can get 4 or 5 days straight without rain. Have some fields that we can get in at the top, spread downhill and exit at the bottom. But we'll manage, and I'm sure that we will get a few feet out of it in the coming 2 weeks.

1 ft of space left in Galway as of yesterday. It will get us 4 weeks at a very big push. Luckily we have 1 dry field that will take 2ft of the tank

Gonna spread a bit to lower tanks tomorrow with the trailing shoe. Won't be spreading after the snow for a while I'd say as I'd imagine the place will be as wet as shite again.i wondering whether the snow will bring the nutrients from the slurry as it melts and runs off.the fact that it will be left in lines will be a help I think.
I didn't spread fert last week as I reckoned it was taking a chance with snow coming

About 2 weeks storage space left in 12 bays of shed here in leitrim. The small shed is only a 4 bay and will hold out for another 6 weeks - but it wouldn't be long filling up if we were to dump from the other tanks into it. Not a hope of getting out anywhere unless we can get 4 or 5 days straight without rain. Have some fields that we can get in at the top, spread downhill and exit at the bottom. But we'll manage, and I'm sure that we will get a few feet out of it in the coming 2 weeks.

1 ft of space left in Galway as of yesterday. It will get us 4 weeks at a very big push. Luckily we have 1 dry field that will take 2ft of the tank

Could you truck a bit out to dry land? or how far to find a empty tank in Leitrim. I spread my first 3 loads on friday, ground was okayish, will spread another 20 or so over next few day as the drying in the wind here is something else. That will keep me going for another 3 week to a month. I have a nice bit of grass to get grazed off, and allot of my slurry has to be draw away to rented ground as land around my main tanks has just gotten too much slurry over the last 10 yrs. Will probably use artic trucks to draw to rented land 6 miles away as it will be as easier and cheaper than me on the road with tractor

Could you truck a bit out to dry land? or how far to find a empty tank in Leitrim. I spread my first 3 loads on friday, ground was okayish, will spread another 20 or so over next few day as the drying in the wind here is something else. That will keep me going for another 3 week to a month. I have a nice bit of grass to get grazed off, and allot of my slurry has to be draw away to rented ground as land around my main tanks has just gotten too much slurry over the last 10 yrs. Will probably use artic trucks to draw to rented land 6 miles away as it will be as easier and cheaper than me on the road with tractor

We got 10k gallons out of our big tank and spread last Friday. By Tuesday we should have ground dry enough to take another 10k gallons. If drying kept going like it is we would have loads of ground to spread on by Friday.

How much do guys cut off the rubber cone on a splashplate? I was thinking about an inch?

How much do guys cut off the rubber cone on a splashplate? I was thinking about an inch?
Too much is a disaster , maybe take half an inch first, I had a cut that I still use but in thick slurry it can leaves lines on the outside , got a new one a while ago and it spreads a lot better

Dependsif you are spreading for yourself or contracting with it. Have took mine back a little to allow me to run in 1000 speed pto rather than 540eco as before the tractor didn't have enough revs on to maintain forwards speed in 1000 run at about 650-660 when spreading now. Wouldn't have cut it for contracting work otherwise tho as its paid by the hour

With the impending snow is spreading slurry a good or bad idea, will the nutrients be lost when the thaw comes?

Much the same with us, both dung and slurry spreader going and have 100 ton of lime to do for one man, had another lad wanted another 100 ton but said it would be Wednesday so he is waiting until next week, the slurry is tanks full and have to be dropped it’s not ideal but land is dry and if we get a lot of snow it will be hard travel for a while, and to add to the madness got a call last night to go get 25 acres of carrots covered with fleece before the snow... wouldn’t mind but I did suggest that last Thursday!!!

With the impending snow is spreading slurry a good or bad idea, will the nutrients be lost when the thaw comes?
I'm wondering the same.definitly it's not recommended to spread on top of snow as it will run off with the snow.
The p and k should be there anyway whatever about the n.im spreading away with the trailing shoe here.i reckon the lines won't run away anyway.it could be the last chance for a while

if the store is brim full then its a good idea
you say loss of nutrients but how many are still spreading with a splash plate there probably loosing more

I think you will loose more N to atmosphere before the snow comes than you will loose with the thaw. If I had the time I'd have spread but still at hedges, by Thursday every pipe on the trailing shoe will have a knob of frozen stuff in the bends.

Back