Slurry storage

jf 850

I was wondering if a lad was to put 16 cubicles into a space where 16/18 cows are usually straw bedded , how much extra slurry would go into the slatted tank across the end , that they will be standing on to eat , either if on straw or cubicles ?
Any thoughts welcome.

Do they not say 1000 gallons/head, maybe half that depending on what else they have access to.

What I want to know is,
How much goes in the tank now that they are straw bedded
Versus
How much if they were in cubicles?

Will the tank fill much quicker ?

I would think double your old figure?

They were definitely doing 50% of there excretion on the slats to begin with so the other 50% was going on the straw bed

this is an interesting question, i was told that if i changed to cubicles from straw i would need double the capacity in my tank so ozzy seems to be bang on

this is an interesting question, i was told that if i changed to cubicles from straw i would need double the capacity in my tank so ozzy seems to be bang on
Friend of mine moving from straw bedding cows to cubicles and allowing a bit more than 50% extra I think. Must ask him for exact figures he is working off.

Bringing this topic back up . Doing some fag box calculations here on how much slurry a shed of cattle has produced. 60 fattening bullocks 24/ 30 months of age . Tank holds circa 48k gallons. Tank lasts just over 18 wks until full . That means that each bullock produces 44 gallons a week . Or possibly under it as probably some few k gallons left in the tank .

Bringing this topic back up . Doing some fag box calculations here on how much slurry a shed of cattle has produced. 60 fattening bullocks 24/ 30 months of age . Tank holds circa 48k gallons. Tank lasts just over 18 wks until full . That means that each bullock produces 44 gallons a week . Or possibly under it as probably some few k gallons left in the tank .

I always kind of work off 50 beef heifers is a load of slurry a week. so as you said they produce about 40gls a week. actually seems low to me

Need to get a bigger fag box slight mistake in my calculations . Tank only lasts 16 wks and given the pen`s over the tank were not full initially . Id be rising the figure to just over the 50 mark .
I always kind of work off 50 beef heifers is a load of slurry a week. so as you said they produce about 40gls a week. actually seems low to me

Back