Smaxtec

glengare

Hi there folks anyone on here using the smaxtec bolouses. If they do as they say on the tin they seem to be a good job. Any opinions?

This them i take it https://www.smaxtec.com/en/
Work used a number of that type of bolus a few yr`s back .(Doubt it was this make ) Well the feed supplier put a similar type bolus in i think 5 (maybe more) cows to track there rumen activity . Biggest issue with them was the inability to get the info that the bolus was taking out of the cow . The data transfer from the bolus to the scanner that was been used was very hit and miss it missed more than it hit and they eventually gave up trying to get the data . They`v probably improved the system now that it`s been sold to the farmer directly but still early days i say for this type of system .
Hi there folks anyone on here using the smaxtec bolouses. If they do as they say on the tin they seem to be a good job. Any opinions?

This them i take it https://www.smaxtec.com/en/
Work used a number of that type of bolus a few yr`s back .(Doubt it was this make ) Well the feed supplier put a similar type bolus in i think 5 (maybe more) cows to track there rumen activity . Biggest issue with them was the inability to get the info that the bolus was taking out of the cow . The data transfer from the bolus to the scanner that was been used was very hit and miss it missed more than it hit and they eventually gave up trying to get the data . They`v probably improved the system now that it`s been sold to the farmer directly but still early days i say for this type of system .
Yeah that’s them was chatting them today they reckon some farmers been using them 7/8 years. 4 year warranty on all parts. Approximately 6/7 year lifespan

Neighbour has it, says it's unreliable. He says he still has to tail Paint as it gives too many false alerts and sometimes none at all.

Was talking to them a couple of weeks ago. Definitely sounds like a good system. Far as I know they had some out with farmers last year as a trial and pushing ahead with sales this year. Bit cheaper than the collar system too with a good bit more information.
They've a good few systems installed at the minute so it'll be interesting to see how it works for lads.

Do you know if he has it in long

Over a year. We were only discussing it again yesterday morning. Very disappointing system. Calving alerts hit and miss too. He was thinking it would be a great labour saver. He runs a grazing system in the summer and had to buy a solar thingy to get the alerts.
He said you could be standing looking at a calving cow, to a cow in heat or a sick cow and he wouldn't have anything up on the system. Keep your money in your pocket. The sales guys promise the world to sell so don't get caught out.

Back