Spray Application Rate

Tomjim

I am getting my GLAS ground ready. What is the application rate for MIZR (spray for killing grass) per 400 litres of water. My neighbour said to put in 10 litres into the sprayer

I am getting my GLAS ground ready. What is the application rate for MIZR (spray for killing grass) per 400 litres of water. My neighbour said to put in 10 litres into the sprayer
If it’s established grass then yes, I’d put 10 litres in 400 L water assuming that the 400L will cover 5 acres.

Do you manage to kill cover crops with just glyphosate? I’ve allways failed and had to add a hormone to finish them.
To tell you the truth yes BUT . I have some very diverse Oats with pretty flowers .
Also the Sprayer man got mixed up in a big field the size of a small parish and missed about 3 acres which can happen when the GPS gets confused by the curvature of the earth .
I do use Firebrand additive.

Lads rate for roundup is it 2.5 ltr an acre . Rang a lad to say I’d be on to spray off grass for him and he tells me he’s a 5 ltr drum for 5 ac .

Lads rate for roundup is it 2.5 ltr an acre . Rang a lad to say I’d be on to spray off grass for him and he tells me he’s a 5 ltr drum for 5 ac .
If it’s regular 360 gram/litre formulation then he should be using 2 litres per acre. 1 litre per acre is ok for annual weeds and cereal volunteers in growthy weather.

I have always used 1.7 Liters per acre with 82 liters of water on grassland and seems to work for me. If conditions are not perfect or needs to be ploughted fast then i up that rate.

Back