spraying docks

What’s the best clover safe spray? Best bang for buck? Clover max Eagle triad or prospect. Thinking of goin with clover max by the link below. Is much different in the price between themhttp://www.goldcrop.ie/images/Goldcrop Grassland Product Summaries 2016.pdf
Never heard of Clover Max, but from your link it is a mix of MCPA and 24D, good at suppressing nettles and thistles and killing buttercup, dandelion and ragworth, but very little if any action on docks.
For me, use Eagle and MCPA mixed early season and Prospect late season if you have to.

I sprayed a few acres of grass with Doxstar 9 days ago. Am going to mow elsewhere for silage tomorrow but wouldn't mind mowing the bit I sprayed as it's just about gone too long for grazing. How long will it take for the spray to be gone out of the plant for silage? I think grazing is about 2 weeks withdrawal, the spray probably hasn't gotten fully to the roots of the docks yet. I'm suspecting I'll have to leave it til the next silage session.
MF30

So the meadow i sprayed with docstar is now covered with creeping buttercup, the docks are dying off for the most part but the buttercup has gotten stronger. it wasnt a big issue at the time of spraying so i wasnt overly worried. looks like i will have to spray again. I have MCPA (NU46) at home and was thinking of running with that tonight. anyone any opinion on that, is it a good or bad idea? should i use something else?

So the meadow i sprayed with docstar is now covered with creeping buttercup, the docks are dying off for the most part but the buttercup has gotten stronger. it wasnt a big issue at the time of spraying so i wasnt overly worried. looks like i will have to spray again. I have MCPA (NU46) at home and was thinking of running with that tonight. anyone any opinion on that, is it a good or bad idea? should i use something else?
Really seems to be a bad buttercup year.
2.4D is better than MCPA on them, the MCPA will only knock them not kill them, not much point saying this now but the MCPA would have done a better job if mixed with the Doxstar.

I am thinking about spraying the aftergrass in the silage ground with pastor trio. It was cut 3 weeks ago so the docks are at a nice stage now. But i am wondering is the weather to fine now so it might stunt or worse burn

I am thinking about spraying the aftergrass in the silage ground with pastor trio. It was cut 3 weeks ago so the docks are at a nice stage now. But i am wondering is the weather to fine now so it might stunt or worse burn
Is it just docks?
Not sure how much rain you got or how much stress is on grass up your side but it’s far too dry and stressed here in the south anyway.

We got 20 mm of rain here in Galway on Wednesday so grass is growing reasonably well
Yea just docks

Sprayed a field on the 18july just when the docks were at the right stage to be sprayed. Cows in there grazing now and I'm not happy with the results I got from Prospect all the docks went on to seed ! Just wondering did the heat and lack of water have any thing to do with it? Don't get me wrong they're all brown now . They were all sprayed at the correct rate
20180805_084409.jpg
20180805_084820.jpg

Waste of money spraying docks in drouğht conditions.
In a normal year l would spray almost a 1000 acres for mostly large dairy farms around here. This year only covered about 150.
Hindsight is a great thing but I just couldn't look at them any longer but I will keep an eye on them to see will they die off

I think it's to do with timing of application, if the dock has gone past the flat to the ground with big leaf stage even though it hasn't seeded yet it may be too late. Got caught myself before, had young soft docks before and was waiting for more to emerge so delayed for a couple of weeks then sprayed before any seeded. The more mature docks progressed to seed stage then died. I'd say the seeds are still viable though.
MF30

Is it too late to spray for nettles?

Have a field badly affected by them. They appear to be young and growing (shot up last few weeks)
Too late or crack on?

Field has just been grazed tight so clover is all but gone.
Any ideas as to a good mix for really hammering them?

What spray were you using?
He uses Eagle and MCPA, not 100% effective but works well, at a guess 95% kill, and clover safe.
The farm was gone to the dogs with docks a few years ago and even after missing last year completely there is a massive reduction in dock numbers, but probably control rather than total eradication.

I used eagle once but i didn't think it worked great but maybe it was the timing or the mixing. I'd prefer liquid sprays more user friendly for me anyway
He uses Eagle and MCPA, not 100% effective but works well, at a guess 95% kill, and clover safe.
The farm was gone to the dogs with docks a few years ago and even after missing last year completely there is a massive reduction in dock numbers, but probably control rather than total eradication.

Back