Spring beans

Similar soils two sides of a valley. The shorter ones could end up yielding more. Beans are unpredictable. Maybe it was the biology of the cows digestion.
Hard to know with beans until the combines been through.
Osr is the same. I thought that we had a barnbuster this year. Not looking good.

Best field of beans chopped and over the weighbridge. Very disappointed with 1.6t/ha.
13.3% moisture.

Spent the absolute minimum on them. Dd hss into phacelia/crimson/balansa cc in December. Weed spray. Closed the gate. No fungi because none needed due to drought.

Why would a chèque that I’m going to get, no matter what, change anything by coming in a few weeks early Nash?
With all the BS spouted on the radio here yesterday I actually thought that we were finally going to get €€€€ like the €100mln that the beef farmers got...tbh I’d be happy if they even gave us a 99. I’ve forgotten how nice a 99 is on a warm day. I miss 99s.

Why would a chèque that I’m going to get, no matter what, change anything by coming in a few weeks early Nash?
With all the BS spouted on the radio here yesterday I actually thought that we were finally going to get €€€€ like the €100mln that the beef farmers got...tbh I’d be happy if they even gave us a 99. I’ve forgotten how nice a 99 is on a warm day. I miss 99s.
We could start a 99 thread

Or @Sheebadog could buy an ice cream van, educate the French people on the fine art of north Cork ice cream making.

I can see it now, cone in one hand, fag in the other with €50 notes flying in over the counter. Happy days.

Jeezzz the way things are shaping up here you could be onto something!!

It hit 43.5 earlier and it’s 34now. Hard weather on man and beast. There’s a very strong wind with the heat that I’ve never experienced before and it’s literally roasting everything, kinda like a fan oven.
I’m starting to get calls from guys that are beginning to realize that they might’ve oversold their maize...it’s got me a bit concerned tbh. We’re pouring water on crops at an unsustainable rate and it doesn’t seem to be holding them together. Maize doesn’t seem to be able to take it but sunflowers and sorghum are better.
Spring crops haven’t seen a drop of rain since before planting. Forecasters are starting to talk about this weather lasting for a few more weeks.

Do you remember the Harp add??
You could fry an egg on the stones here, if you had an egg...

I’d murder a 99.

I probably had the wrong choice of words there but you are absolutely right, all it does is improve cashflow earlier but nothing to the fundamental problem ye guys are facing.

It's a bit like the 100 million fund alright where most are now realising what the terms and conditions will mean....

End of February I think, may check to be sure. Lots of stalks but pods are scarce enough and a lot only have 3 beans in them.

Cutting Beans and this field is not great and I have better beans. It is hard to judge a field of beans till you cut it but parts of this field died off early with the understory of weeds taking off . One of the weeds is weed beet if not a close relation . A bit like cricket rain stopped play but the score will not be as high.
468B5ABF-8479-4F5E-A1B1-10B58585977F.jpeg BD0C2EE4-CD4B-4214-AA70-0379D39E73AD.jpeg 9C4F6CAD-2FE3-4AF3-AD6D-8088C66F8819.jpeg 1E089B96-0897-4DF1-B438-BCF5454D7A57.jpeg

Back