Start-up Contracting Pics

id love to see that 2 rigs get about on the roads we have in this part of the world! :D

:D have to be careful in places! although they tow really well with wherever the first spreader goes the second one follows pretty much exactly the same path - not ideal tho & is alot of messing about if you have to move a couple of times day keep dropping one off & hooking it up etc

:D have to be careful in places! although they tow really well with wherever the first spreader goes the second one follows pretty much exactly the same path - not ideal tho & is alot of messing about if you have to move a couple of times day keep dropping one off & hooking it up etc

do you plan to add any other services in future or just sticking to the muck?

do you plan to add any other services in future or just sticking to the muck?

If im honest im not really sure, i'd rather only offer a few services but run them at full potential rather than be a jack of all trades & have a yard full of kit if that makes sense. As much is id love to do silaging & baling etc theres far too many people at it round here so its better to just stay out of it. Most of the type of work will stay around what im currently doing I imagine just might expand a bit more if the work allows. We have got a 210ac farm which would be nice to start taking over one day but the way things are currently building up with the contracting it would be something id think about more in years to come.

What does vosa think of you pulling 2 spreaders . I know this side of the water locally anyway they'd have a fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few from the remainder of the season
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2615.jpg
IMG_2674.JPG
IMG_2740.jpg

Got a couple of farms with cattle muck left to spread but apart from that we've pretty much finished. Everything went reasonably well - had a few staff issues but once that was sorted it all worked out perfectly, could do with alot more output on the sewage cake & if I end up doing any next year will also have to have a look into the loading side of things as well as gaining more output. For now tho its back to moving chicken muck all over the place :cool:

IMG_2722.jpg
IMG_2738.jpg

Few from the remainder of the season

View attachment 32611

View attachment 32612

View attachment 32613

View attachment 32614

View attachment 32615

Got a couple of farms with cattle muck left to spread but apart from that we've pretty much finished. Everything went reasonably well - had a few staff issues but once that was sorted it all worked out perfectly, could do with alot more output on the sewage cake & if I end up doing any next year will also have to have a look into the loading side of things as well as gaining more output. For now tho its back to moving chicken muck all over the place :cool:

View attachment 32616

View attachment 32617

demo fastrac? would a track machine be a better option for loadin the sludge?

demo fastrac? would a track machine be a better option for loadin the sludge?

Yea demo fastrac 4220 - very impressive bit of kit, could do with power boosting in the top gear tho rather than pto work as it feels it could do with a push on some hills fully loaded. Track machine would be spot on for loading & I think it'd be the way id be tempted to go, all the other contractors use track machines or loading shovels, a shovel is tempting but it's no use to me for the rest of the year whereas with a track machine it could be used for other things

Yea demo fastrac 4220 - very impressive bit of kit, could do with power boosting in the top gear tho rather than pto work as it feels it could do with a push on some hills fully loaded. Track machine would be spot on for loading & I think it'd be the way id be tempted to go, all the other contractors use track machines or loading shovels, a shovel is tempting but it's no use to me for the rest of the year whereas with a track machine it could be used for other things

big advantage with track machine would be no makin muck fillin the trailers. prob be a bit quicker too.

big advantage with track machine would be no makin muck fillin the trailers. prob be a bit quicker too.

That's my thinking, plus with a digger it won't take any muck on the road as it'll be ramped on a trailer - downside is if the next field is just down the road it's gotta be loaded up etc whereas the shovel can be driven

That's my thinking, plus with a digger it won't take any muck on the road as it'll be ramped on a trailer - downside is if the next field is just down the road it's gotta be loaded up etc whereas the shovel can be driven

Rubber duck?

Well a big moment came between Christmas & New Year - it was time for the mxm to haul its last load of chicken muck :sad2:

IMG_2996.JPG

Its got to the point where its out 5 days a week shifting chicken muck, now clocked 7000 hours & is nearly 13 years old so dragging chicken muck around most days of the week is starting to take its toll on it so before i have a major problem/breakdown ive decided to semi retire it & use it for easier work like hedgecutting & spreading.

So to take over shifting chicken muck about from the mxm I bought this:
IMG_2934.JPG

2013, 3300 hours, front linkage & pto, 50kph & engine brake, hydraulic top link & wheel weights :Thumbp2:

Unfortunately it hasnt sat still long enough since driving it off the lorry to sticker it up & take the wheel weights off it but its certainly a step up from the mxm.
IMG_2949.JPG IMG_2950.JPG

Plan is now to keep the 2 pumas on shifting chicken muck about whilst the mxm can carry out the other easier work, then in the summer hopefully put an extra spreader on - depending if I can get enough tonnage to justify running 3 spreaders, whether it all goes to plan or not is a different matter :unsure:

Well a big moment came between Christmas & New Year - it was time for the mxm to haul its last load of chicken muck :sad2:

View attachment 34563

Its got to the point where its out 5 days a week shifting chicken muck, now clocked 7000 hours & is nearly 13 years old so dragging chicken muck around most days of the week is starting to take its toll on it so before i have a major problem/breakdown ive decided to semi retire it & use it for easier work like hedgecutting & spreading.

So to take over shifting chicken muck about from the mxm I bought this:
View attachment 34567

2013, 3300 hours, front linkage & pto, 50kph & engine brake, hydraulic top link & wheel weights :Thumbp2:

Unfortunately it hasnt sat still long enough since driving it off the lorry to sticker it up & take the wheel weights off it but its certainly a step up from the mxm.
View attachment 34568 View attachment 34569

Plan is now to keep the 2 pumas on shifting chicken muck about whilst the mxm can carry out the other easier work, then in the summer hopefully put an extra spreader on - depending if I can get enough tonnage to justify running 3 spreaders, whether it all goes to plan or not is a different matter :unsure:

Well wear your making a fair hand of it anyway!
It's a good ting that she hasn't stopped to put stickers on it in one sense

Well wear your making a fair hand of it anyway!
It's a good ting that she hasn't stopped to put stickers on it in one sense

Thanks :Thumbp2: think its down to luck & being in the right place at the right time more than anything

That is true about the stickers, does have its advantages not having them on

Thanks :Thumbp2: think its down to luck & being in the right place at the right time more than anything

That is true about the stickers, does have its advantages not having them on

Well wear and fair play. You seem to be doing ok for yourself with the contracting. Hope all goes to plan :cool1:

Back