Start-up Contracting Pics

Well a big moment came between Christmas & New Year - it was time for the mxm to haul its last load of chicken muck :sad2:

View attachment 34563

Its got to the point where its out 5 days a week shifting chicken muck, now clocked 7000 hours & is nearly 13 years old so dragging chicken muck around most days of the week is starting to take its toll on it so before i have a major problem/breakdown ive decided to semi retire it & use it for easier work like hedgecutting & spreading.

So to take over shifting chicken muck about from the mxm I bought this:
View attachment 34567

2013, 3300 hours, front linkage & pto, 50kph & engine brake, hydraulic top link & wheel weights :Thumbp2:

Unfortunately it hasnt sat still long enough since driving it off the lorry to sticker it up & take the wheel weights off it but its certainly a step up from the mxm.
View attachment 34568 View attachment 34569

Plan is now to keep the 2 pumas on shifting chicken muck about whilst the mxm can carry out the other easier work, then in the summer hopefully put an extra spreader on - depending if I can get enough tonnage to justify running 3 spreaders, whether it all goes to plan or not is a different matter :unsure:
Best of luck with her, you must be getting on better with your dealer now?

Best of luck with her, you must be getting on better with your dealer now?

Thanks! Erm not really, I bought the 215 off another dealer & saved £20k compared to the one my dealer had, however they've just announced they're packing up doing case kit now :undecided:

Thanks! Erm not really, I bought the 215 off another dealer & saved £20k compared to the one my dealer had, however they've just announced they're packing up doing case kit now :undecided:
That's crappy.
Are they the dealer that's closing a number of depots? If so they should still be able to supply you parts, they just might have blue paint:thumbup:

That's crappy.
Are they the dealer that's closing a number of depots? If so they should still be able to supply you parts, they just might have blue paint:thumbup:

Yea that'll be the one! I think that's what they're planning on doing in the short term but after that I'm not sure what'll happen :sad:

Yea that'll be the one! I think that's what they're planning on doing in the short term but after that I'm not sure what'll happen :sad:
How far would you be from their remaining depots? Hopefully it'll work out, they should be able to look after you book problems after all the mechanicals are identical

How far would you be from their remaining depots? Hopefully it'll work out, they should be able to look after you book problems after all the mechanicals are identical

Only 20mins from their main head depot so not too bad, I'm hoping it does as i really like the case kit but if it ends up being barely any local back up there'll be some tough decisions to make

First proper trip out with the digger this weekend, loaded 2000t of sewage cake into spreaders in under 2 days. Cant work out how I managed without it last year, its so much quicker & easier than normal loader & get far more spreader output with it loading.

IMG_3549.JPG

On the less positive side the 2 trailers are starting to cost a fair bit in repairs & starting to get worn out so I think its time to shift them on. Need to get a few sums done next week & get 2 new ones ordered as its getting to the stage something is breaking on them every week although they did me well to get me started.

Also took a big step & took on 2 full time experienced staff. Its hard finding staff which are good & have the experience so when the oppertunity came up I decided to take it. Hopefully it'll mean I can keep pushing things forward & now able to take on more work if everything goes to plan. :smile:

First proper trip out with the digger this weekend, loaded 2000t of sewage cake into spreaders in under 2 days. Cant work out how I managed without it last year, its so much quicker & easier than normal loader & get far more spreader output with it loading.

View attachment 37871

On the less positive side the 2 trailers are starting to cost a fair bit in repairs & starting to get worn out so I think its time to shift them on. Need to get a few sums done next week & get 2 new ones ordered as its getting to the stage something is breaking on them every week although they did me well to get me started.

Also took a big step & took on 2 full time experienced staff. Its hard finding staff which are good & have the experience so when the oppertunity came up I decided to take it. Hopefully it'll mean I can keep pushing things forward & now able to take on more work if everything goes to plan. :smile:

Are you paid by the hour or by the tonne for the spreaders?

They pay per ton on sewage cake, all my other spreading is on an hourly rate

Was just curious as to whether your pocket would be any better off with the increased output, will you charge more per hour for loading with the digger?

Was just curious as to whether your pocket would be any better off with the increased output, will you charge more per hour for loading with the digger?

I'll definitely earn more money with it on sewage cake, as for the other spreading it'll be up to the farmer if they want the telehandler or the digger, think a digger price per hour is about the same if not slightly more than a telehandler round here

So after running the 2 second hand Rollands I bought to get me going which are now getting pretty tired & starting to cost a fair bit in repairs, a couple of months ago I took the plunge & ordered 2 new trailers - one of which arrived today, the other coming at the end of the week :Thumbp2:

IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3824.JPG IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG

2x 20T Stewart Roadkings with Hardox bodies, Full air suspension, ABS, Silage Sides, Rear Steer, Hydraulic sheet, Weighers fitted (same as used on hgv's) extra chrome lighting bars etc etc.

The finish & build quality is incredible, surprisingly you cant even tell your towing them theyre so light & tow so well, massive step up compared to the Rollands. Will get some more pictures when the other one has arrived & give more of an update when ive used it a bit more :cool1:

So after running the 2 second hand Rollands I bought to get me going which are now getting pretty tired & starting to cost a fair bit in repairs, a couple of months ago I took the plunge & ordered 2 new trailers - one of which arrived today, the other coming at the end of the week :Thumbp2:

View attachment 40209 View attachment 40210 View attachment 40211 View attachment 40212 View attachment 40213

2x 20T Stewart Roadkings with Hardox bodies, Full air suspension, ABS, Silage Sides, Rear Steer, Hydraulic sheet, Weighers fitted (same as used on hgv's) extra chrome lighting bars etc etc.

The finish & build quality is incredible, surprisingly you cant even tell your towing them theyre so light & tow so well, massive step up compared to the Rollands. Will get some more pictures when the other one has arrived & give more of an update when ive used it a bit more :cool1:

TBF mate if your going to buy a couple off trailers they would be the kiddies to have,, did you get carried away with the extra specs,,?.
They are a treat hope they last u long

TBF mate if your going to buy a couple off trailers they would be the kiddies to have,, did you get carried away with the extra specs,,?.
They are a treat hope they last u long

I looked at most others but felt the attention to detail & build quality put Stewarts above the rest. The only options i spec'd were the hydraulic sheet, weighers, hardox body & chrome rear light bar - all the air suspension, rear steer & abs etc comes standard on the roadking models apparently.

View attachment 40209 View attachment 40210 View attachment 40211 View attachment 40212 View attachment 40213

Fabulous looking hear. Best of luck with them

Fair does there @Camerov. Lovely looking trailers. No stopping you now lad.

Very impressive trailers, you run a professional outfit.
Are they available in other colours?
Lots of lads are getting trailers and other machines painted to match tractor colours.
Are we to expect a picture of a NH shortly?

Back