Student Survey (Human-Animal Perceptions)

sh721

Dear Farmers,

I'm hoping some of you might be willing to participate in a short survey targeted specifically at livestock farmers? The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on your input.

This project has been developed as part of a core module for my MA in Anthrozoology (which, if you are unfamiliar, looks at human-animal relationships and our different perceptions of animals - among other things). Questions lexplore peoples experiences with animals (targeting several groups), and their subsequent perceptions of them. Further questions, and the overall study, explore different opinions on a a form of activism. Whilst I recognise this is a controversial topic for this target group - the perspective of farmers would be invaluable in gathering as fair and as unbiased an assessment as possible of it's effectiveness.

There are no right or wrong answers, and the content is deliberately open to debate. Due to the nature of this activism, and the nature of this target group, some degree of conflict of interest is expected and you may find some of the content evokes some form of emotion (I have avoided graphic content). The survey is created in a way which allows you to give as much or as little detail in response to questions as you like, and is open to all kinds of responses.

If you are able and willing to participate I can inbox you via the forum with a PDF for you to fill in or respond to seperately. Otherwise, my student account is sh721@exeter.ac.uk where I can attach a word document. Either way, via personal message, I will provide more information and instructions, along with the survey file. If you email me at all, be sure to state where you were directed from.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you soon!

All the best - sh721

prefer to keep my details private . otherwise I would be happy to reply to a survey of how important my livestock and their well-being is to me

prefer to keep my details private . otherwise I would be happy to reply to a survey of how important my livestock and their well-being is to me
Hi there,

No need for personal or contact details if I send a PDF to your forum account inbox.

I know it's not your usual survey link, but I wanted allow for a lot of room for comments, which has been put to very good use by other participants. The survey also includes some pictures that require comments. I could not find a free platform that allowed participants to answer to pictures as questions.

I hope that helps and makes sense. Of course, I accept if you still wish to not participate.

All the best!

Back