Suzuki Grand Vitara

@Peter has one and will be able to give a report on it :Thumbp2:

Ye I'm a grand vitara driver myself. I was looking out for a bigger jeep like a landcruiser but a friend of mine had this one for sale and it had a years test on it and I said I'd give it a go. Mine has the 2 litre Peugeot engine and I find it fairly economical on diesel. Road holding is it's biggest downfall but it's a very nimble machine to cross a field with.

sorry to drag this up again but was looking at vitaras and freelanders and then rembered this thread and i thought u had changed to a new one. just wondering how u got on and what u think of the newer one if i am right. did u ever consider a freelander, but i will say i am siding tot the vitara

Few changes here alright the mrs has one for a year but has since changed to an xtrail, well need space for two child seats lol. I’m driving a navara now and I’m fond of it.

A friend has a 2 litre with a peugeot engine that won't start, had a couple of people to look at but no luck, is there anything known to give trouble on those engines? They have put a new fuel pump in the tank thinking that was the problem but made no difference.

A friend has a 2 litre with a peugeot engine that won't start, had a couple of people to look at but no luck, is there anything known to give trouble on those engines? They have put a new fuel pump in the tank thinking that was the problem but made no difference.
Was jeep scanned for fault codes? Is glow plug light coming on when ignition is turned on? Possible also the fuel lines need to be pressure tested. Way to many things could be wrong unfortunately.

ECU
Injectors
Compression
Timing
MAF sensor

Probably just naming a few.

Was jeep scanned for fault codes? Is glow plug light coming on when ignition is turned on? Possible also the fuel lines need to be pressure tested. Way to many things could be wrong unfortunately.

ECU
Injectors
Compression
Timing
MAF sensor

Probably just naming a few.
Yes they've checked the codes and there seems a awful lot, makes them think ECU perhaps. Not sure about the glow plug light tbh, presume it is.

Yes they've checked the codes and there seems a awful lot, makes them think ECU perhaps. Not sure about the glow plug light tbh, presume it is.
Had a car years ago that wouldn't start was the fuel pump so changed it out went fine for a day and started running very rough then wouldn't start, threw up misfire codes, purge codes, injector codes and a few other codes, turned out a fuel line in the tank was perforated.
Hopefully it's a simple fix for your friend.

Reactions: Win
Back