tail and back clippers

there is a special set of blades to do tails,have a heiniger clippers here and the blades are called dirty cattle blades (very original) they were not with the clippers when i bought it and the set that came with it were useless at dirty tails

Humungus, do you know who made the dirty cattle blades? Had a search on the heiniger site and can't find a thing.

Humungus, do you know who made the dirty cattle blades? Had a search on the heiniger site and can't find a thing.

anglesey, it says on the packet heiniger clipper blades 18-23 ,art 702-700
mullinahone co op distribute them in ireland and they cost 45 euro
the blades that came with the clipper were 15-31 and were useless at tails

Whilst were on the subject of dirty cattle, Has anyone ever put a cow brush in with beef animals?? was thinking a low down one so they can get it under their bellies and round their backsides would get rid of the need for clipping????

Whilst were on the subject of dirty cattle, Has anyone ever put a cow brush in with beef animals?? was thinking a low down one so they can get it under their bellies and round their backsides would get rid of the need for clipping????

I`d say it would`nt last long down low cattle would break it fairly quick i`d say . One for there back`s would be a right job . See the cow`s at work after the`ve been clipped would be queueing up to use the brush .

I`d say it would`nt last long down low cattle would break it fairly quick i`d say . One for there back`s would be a right job . See the cow`s at work after the`ve been clipped would be queueing up to use the brush .

Trouble is their backs don't get dirty! :D

Must say I saw one of those listers at the local farm stores the other day, had a quick handle of it, wasn't to bad!
Think the last time I held such a thing they were still big and bulky, the technology has come a long way!

Dad had a lucky escape this morning, clipping a belly and got a kick on the hand, luckilly just bruised and not a broken arm!! Was a fairly docile lump of a Belgian blue too!! Just shows you can't let your guard down.

Anyhow he started going on about an australian clipper that had a long plastic handle down to the cutter, and a circular reciprocating blade to cut with, anyone ever seen one??

I vaguely remember the old video tape they were handing out, had a 'before' scene with a wild bullock and a fella with a shearing machine, and an after with a blatantly tame animal stood chewing the cud in the crush, enjoying getting his belly rubbed!!! Was so funny at the time that you couldn't take it seriously!!

http://www.donedeal.ie/farmtools-for-sale/professional-sheep-cattle-clipper-20off/5314528

Well lads said id stick this in here, ordered one last friday around 3 and it was in ye yard on the monday evening. Thought it was good value, and reckoned it would be as good as any of the cheaper ones. 2 things that stood in its favour were 1) its compatible with the heinger(spelling) blades which seem to be the best going from looking here and every were, and 2) it has a proper on off rocker switch, this was mainly as i used one that the neighbour has and it had a slide switch on top and it was like a hairs breath trigger. I found it to be very dangerous as the slightest touch set it off, i nearly cut the cable putting it down on more than one occasion, so thought the rocker switch would be better!

Also thought at 350w it should have a bit more power as most are 200w!

Any ways, we ran it down the backs of round 120 animals over the last 2 days and no complaints so far anyways! Probably the only thing was that instructions on setting up the blades wasnt the best and i didnt have enough pressure on the top comb at first as i was afraid to put to much on it.

http://www.donedeal.ie/farmtools-for-sale/professional-sheep-cattle-clipper-20off/5314528

Well lads said id stick this in here, ordered one last friday around 3 and it was in ye yard on the monday evening. Thought it was good value, and reckoned it would be as good as any of the cheaper ones. 2 things that stood in its favour were 1) its compatible with the heinger(spelling) blades which seem to be the best going from looking here and every were, and 2) it has a proper on off rocker switch, this was mainly as i used one that the neighbour has and it had a slide switch on top and it was like a hairs breath trigger. I found it to be very dangerous as the slightest touch set it off, i nearly cut the cable putting it down on more than one occasion, so thought the rocker switch would be better!

Also thought at 350w it should have a bit more power as most are 200w!

Any ways, we ran it down the backs of round 120 animals over the last 2 days and no complaints so far anyways! Probably the only thing was that instructions on setting up the blades wasnt the best and i didnt have enough pressure on the top comb at first as i was afraid to put to much on it.

[MENTION=2881]drew[/MENTION] How's the clipper going for you since?

Rangers thread the other day reminded me of this again, had the clippers back out yest to do some of the cattle, will try to get rest done during the week, still running not a bother on it, I'd say for the amount ours would be doing each year it should last a long time.

We only use it on the backs tho, use a manual sheep shears to to the tails, works handy as generally one can do the backs and pour on/drench while the other clips the tails rather than just standing waiting!

Rangers thread the other day reminded me of this again, had the clippers back out yest to do some of the cattle, will try to get rest done during the week, still running not a bother on it, I'd say for the amount ours would be doing each year it should last a long time.

We only use it on the backs tho, use a manual sheep shears to to the tails, works handy as generally one can do the backs and pour on/drench while the other clips the tails rather than just standing waiting!

Haven't tried out ours yet, ,most likely will work the same as you, with 2 working

guess I'll get the tail end :blushing::rolleyes:

Have a heineger here great shears. Meself and the boss did 140 there Saturday. I did backs tails and freeze brands while he worked the fluke drencher and the pour on. Worked out that id have the trimming done by the time they were dosed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BN-350w-E...K_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item417f449d9f

We have the clippers above for 2 years now. It has sheared 80 ewes and clipped 150 cattle in total over the last 2 years. It's ideal for us and was very cheap at under €100 when you get it delivered through parcel motel. Bought it on the recommendation of a friend who purchased an identical clipper from Connacht Agri for €269. Spare parts are readily available (we have not needed any, but friend needed a small spring for the blade). Blades and combs are also very cheap - so cheap that we have found that it isn't worth our while getting the ones on it sharpened.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BN-350w-E...K_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item417f449d9f

We have the clippers above for 2 years now. It has sheared 80 ewes and clipped 150 cattle in total over the last 2 years. It's ideal for us and was very cheap at under €100 when you get it delivered through parcel motel. Bought it on the recommendation of a friend who purchased an identical clipper from Connacht Agri for €269. Spare parts are readily available (we have not needed any, but friend needed a small spring for the blade). Blades and combs are also very cheap - so cheap that we have found that it isn't worth our while getting the ones on it sharpened.

That looks to be the same as ours, just in a different case! Works out a bit cheaper if you go the parcel motel route as you suggest, I've a feeling we got ours for around the 130 mark, but there up to 150 now.

Must do a flick through the bay for blades late just to pick up a spare set, I know they can be got sharpened locally for small money but be handier just to have a spare, complete ballpark figure id say our blades have done the backs of about 200odd so far and still cutting perfect once set. I know an old acquaintance of mine used to get them sharpened every 2nd time the horse was clipped....

I currently have a Heiniger clippers with the heavy duty blade have 3 years now split with gfs dad he dags a lot of sheep and about 60 cattle a year and we do 40 a year. also sheered about 20 sheep no prizes for that lol! only needed one blade so far.
Dear at time think €250 but no trouble so far.

Haven't tried out ours yet, ,most likely will work the same as you, with 2 working

guess I'll get the tail end :blushing::rolleyes:

well we tried it out this morning and it worked a treat, only problem was the fellow on the clippers thought he was a stylist at peter mark and went into to too detail

started to rain so we had to abandon

covered cattle crush is on the wish list, ( but has been for some time)

The motor in my heiniger clippers burnt out last week in the middle of the cattle. Repair man estimated that it would cost 200 euros to repair. I priced one today and the best price on it was 450 fitted with sheep blades. Anybody any suggestions?

The motor in my heiniger clippers burnt out last week in the middle of the cattle. Repair man estimated that it would cost 200 euros to repair. I priced one today and the best price on it was 450 fitted with sheep blades. Anybody any suggestions?

Is it cordless or main powered?

Back