The beast from the East

Arthur

Just thought I'd set this up to see what sort of weather conditions we experience this week not just here but also the UK areas, will it turn out to be as bad as is forecast, should help to keep a share of comment in one place. Just about 0 degrees here outside despite a rawish breeze atm.

Not quiet at freezing here but just barely over it. The wind this evening had a right good bite to it although the drying in it is something else. The odd flake of snow about tonight as well as I was finishing up outside.

Quite a few flurries in Dublin this evening.

A lot of shops have empty shelves this evening!!

Last day of slurry for a while I say today. Be interesting to see what comes. Think people over react buying heaps of food though. It’s unlikly that we be snowed in. Even at a few inches ya still be able drive into town.

White here this morning. Was clear skyes at 11.30 last night as I came from the lambing sheds.
Here comes the panic brigade doing daft things in the snow!

There's a few pans left there, I went into the Supervalu in Bagenalstown yesterday evening and there wasn't a crumb left on the bread rack. Panic buying, one of the girls working there said the bread had been gone since lunch time and if it was people from the mountains buying it then it could be understood but it was the townies who were stocking up. As Ozzy said the media has a lot to answer for.

Cool here this morning but the car windows are clear.

The lake close to the house was frozen over last Sunday morning but this morning its clear. The breeze is even gone. It was very cloudy last night at 9pm but its very clear now. Hoping that we don't see any of it at all this week. God knows we've had enough

Last day of slurry for a while I say today. Be interesting to see what comes. Think people over react buying heaps of food though. It’s unlikly that we be snowed in. Even at a few inches ya still be able drive into town.
Bit of an overreaction alright but getting supplies into shops will be the bigger challenge than getting to town in the car :cowboy:

Beautiful morning here. Some frost yesterday morning.
Just a bit confused though, there's a big orange thing up in the sky that I'm not used to seeing there :rolleyes2:

Bit of an overreaction alright but getting supplies into shops will be the bigger challenge than getting to town in the car :cowboy:
I remember all the Trucks getting stuck on the hill in Kilculllen but its bypassed now with a motorway . There would be a lot of Eastern European drivers now that are used to driving on snow and ice and know all the tricks .

When do we start eating the bread and the spuds?

It was -6 when I started the car at 7.15am but ironically it was one of the brightest mornings with clear skies that I have ever seen.

I remember all the Trucks getting stuck on the hill in Kilculllen but its bypassed now with a motorway . There would be a lot of Eastern European drivers now that are used to driving on snow and ice and know all the tricks .

In the curragh camp in 2010, the hill just before just church was full of cars spun out. All heading to 10 o clock mass

When do we start eating the bread and the spuds?

It was -6 when I started the car at 7.15am but ironically it was one of the brightest mornings with clear skies that I have ever seen.

I only got -2.5 this morning at 6:15am heading to work. Was surely cold but was great as no frost on the windows of the van or the tractor when I got to work

The car here in its wisdom decided that the handbrake was going to 'freeze' on this morning, never seen that to happen before. Its thawed out now anyway!

Back