The beast from the East

This big snow is certainly going to put things back at least another two weeks down here in the 'sunny' south east. There are still huge drifts up here on the ditches on the roads and streams of water running.

I'd imagine the true extent of damage to the road network won't be known for another few weeks but the roads around here are littered with potholes already :tdown:

Lots of headlands around too still have lying snow as well.

This big snow is certainly going to put things back at least another two weeks down here in the 'sunny' south east. There are still huge drifts up here on the ditches on the roads and streams of water running.

I'd imagine the true extent of damage to the road network won't be known for another few weeks but the roads around here are littered with potholes already :tdown:

Lots of headlands around too still have lying snow as well.
A lot of the roads around here are a good bit wider than they were before the snow, I'm not looking forward to cutting verges this summer!
Heard of a farmer clearing up with a toothed bucket and every road around him is gouged out of it!

A lot of the roads around here are a good bit wider than they were before the snow, I'm not looking forward to cutting verges this summer!
Heard of a farmer clearing up with a toothed bucket and every road around him is gouged out of it!

There was some clearance done around here and all the snow was dumped in front of field gates, it's still piled up 4ft today, how anyone will get in with a tanker when it dries up is beyond me :rolleyes2:

There was some clearance done around here and all the snow was dumped in front of field gates, it's still piled up 4ft today, how anyone will get in with a tanker when it dries up is beyond me :rolleyes2:
We've a few fields with gates like that. Telling myself that the snow will be long gone before the field is dry enough for me to need to use the gates:Thumbp2:

Back