the journal this week

I think I may stop reading the Journal for my blood pressure sake.

Now the EU is due to introduce rules about the direction land should be ploughed in :scratchhead::tdown:

If it was April 1st you wouldn't believe it :sweat:

That's not always practical though in particular from a H&S point of view....

I'm wondering does it just apply in the case for ploughing in December where a crop won't be sown for 3-4 months.
You may start reading the full articles Nash and not just the headlines :rolleyes2::wink:

According to their advert you can have your Moocall gift wrapped.

Now wouldn't that be a wonderful surprise for the loved one, it'll serve them right for buying the missus a frying pan last year.

I’ve always been a fan of birds, feathered and non feathered but €25 million....????Image.png

20qrgk.jpg

i see glanbia aren,t impressed with the journal and i,d say a phonecall has been made, no big full page adverts in it for a while now and bill o keefes rebellion will be quashed , the empire strikes back :2guns:

i see glanbia aren,t impressed with the journal and i,d say a phonecall has been made, no big full page adverts in it for a while now and bill o keefes rebellion will be quashed , the empire strikes back :2guns:

Aha, but revenge was sweet. The journal had a small item about how milk supply was up on last year and headlined it with a 6% figure, which just happened to be Glanbia's. Yet read the small print and all the other co-ops were way ahead, some even in the thirties!

Aha, but revenge was sweet. The journal had a small item about how milk supply was up on last year and headlined it with a 6% figure, which just happened to be Glanbia's. Yet read the small print and all the other co-ops were way ahead, some even in the thirties!
they did a bit of licking up to sean molloy on page 2 though , dr jack is now deputy editor i see too :curse:

In the Journal Email.... I guess that's what wearing the baseball hat will do to your appearance.
Your Free FARMBOX gives you:
  • 2018 Irish Farmers Journal hardback diary
  • Irish Farmers Journal baseball cap
  • Irish Farmers Journal baseball mug
  • Irish Farmers Journal wooly hat
  • 2018 Farm Buildings Manual
  • 2018 Irish Dairy Farmer
  • Feed Guide Hardback Magazine
  • Irish Country Magazine December Issue
  • Hi Viz Vest
Total Package Value: €219

In the Journal Email.... I guess that's what wearing the baseball hat will do to your appearance.
Your Free FARMBOX gives you:
  • 2018 Irish Farmers Journal hardback diary
  • Irish Farmers Journal baseball cap
  • Irish Farmers Journal baseball mug
  • Irish Farmers Journal wooly hat
  • 2018 Farm Buildings Manual
  • 2018 Irish Dairy Farmer
  • Feed Guide Hardback Magazine
  • Irish Country Magazine December Issue
  • Hi Viz Vest
Total Package Value: €219
1 hardback diary €10
1 baseball cap €5
1 mug €2
1 wooly hat €3
1 hi viz vest €3
Irish Country Magazine December issue €5
2018 Farm Buildings Manual €15
2018 Irish Dairy Farmer €10
Feed guide hardback magazine €10

Maybe I'm too cynical.

1 hardback diary €10
1 baseball cap €5
1 mug €2
1 wooly hat €3
1 hi viz vest €3

Maybe I'm too cynical.

You'd get the high vis vest for free at the ploughing match.

1 hardback diary €10
1 baseball cap €5
1 mug €2
1 wooly hat €3
1 hi viz vest €3

Maybe I'm too cynical.
Maybe I should have given the bigger picture, The €219 is the value they put on the Farmbox plus a years subscription to Journal online, they were offering the lot for €99 which wouldn't be bad value if you were an avid journal reader.

An interesting comment in the machinery section this week is that Kelly's of Borris have 87% of the trailed seed drill market in Ireland. I thought it was a very high figure myself.

Back