the journal this week

Did anyone read the review of the pickups range last week, it was terrible, none of the numbers added up to anything.

For example the Amarok was fierce expensive, but started within a few hundred euro of the hilux and ranger prices.

Multiple models seemed to be the best selling on the market

It was all over the place, moroney wouldn't have done as bad

My father took umbrage to an article last week about quality silage. Some award for the best silage made in a scheme set up to encourage better silage making. Think it was 77DMD 14%pro, he even rang to complain about the journal promoting mediocrity. Still wasn't as bad as the time he rang in to local radio station chat show about about VRT

My father took umbrage to an article last week about quality silage. Some award for the best silage made in a scheme set up to encourage better silage making. Think it was 77DMD 14%pro, he even rang to complain about the journal promoting mediocrity. Still wasn't as bad as the time he rang in to local radio station chat show about about VRT

It annoys me a little that you never see tables include silage at 80DMD, and feeding rates if you get this sort of quality. I suppose it doesnt suit those feed millers paying for advertising if the journal are promoting no need to feed grain with excellent silage

It annoys me a little that you never see tables include silage at 80DMD, and feeding rates if you get this sort of quality. I suppose it doesnt suit those feed millers paying for advertising if the journal are promoting no need to feed grain with excellent silage
That's a fair point. There is very little literature on silage at 80dmd plus. I still wouldn't ring to complain though

The Journal seem to be top hand at taking photos of people doing dangerous things. about 10 pages in this week if shows a lad standing beside a tractor loader and the fork attachment pointed at 45degrees to the ground at head height

Can't link it but the Journal is reporting that there has been a breakthrough for old young farmers which will see every qualified young farmer, regardless of the year of establishment, be entitled to the 25% top up so long as they have the correct training for 5 years or until they reach 40.

Personally I got no installation aid as I had started farming 8 years before I did my agricultural training. This would qualify me at 60% for farm grants too.

Here's hoping!

Can't link it but the Journal is reporting that there has been a breakthrough for old young farmers which will see every qualified young farmer, regardless of the year of establishment, be entitled to the 25% top up so long as they have the correct training for 5 years or until they reach 40.

Personally I got no installation aid as I had started farming 8 years before I did my agricultural training. This would qualify me at 60% for farm grants too.

Here's hoping!
Has the cut-off been changed from 35 to 40 then?

Here's hoping!

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/old-young-farmers-given-second-chance-at-top-up-331993

My understanding of it is that it is a 25% top up for the BPS only and you only get the top up for 5 years, it is not a very clear article

Thats my understanding as well.

Nothing about the topups for the various grants but as far as I know they are not dependent on your time in farming just so long as your under 40.

Thats my understanding as well.

Nothing about the topups for the various grants but as far as I know they are not dependent on your time in farming just so long as your under 40.
As far as I know, and I may be wrong, you currently have to be recognised as a young trained farmer in order to avail of the 60% grant in tams. I'm under 40 and have completed my training but I can only avail of 40% currently

As far as I know, and I may be wrong, you currently have to be recognised as a young trained farmer in order to avail of the 60% grant in tams. I'm under 40 and have completed my training but I can only avail of 40% currently
Yes current conditions are under 40 trained and started farming within last 5 years for 60% grant, 5 years on date of application not on claiming date, I made it by a week

Current young farmer top up is 25% of national average payment. In my case this figure works out at more than 50% of my payment. Anything would be a boost.

This is of interest to me too. Is the top up on the greening too? Can you say what the national average payment is ?

This is of interest to me too. Is the top up on the greening too? Can you say what the national average payment is ?

I think the national average is €184 per entitlement. So in that case, the top up would be €46 per entitlement.
So if you had 20 entitlements you would get 20 x €46 = €920.
I don't know if it is payable on greening.

who would you lads credit for getting this anamoly sorted as a matter of interest lads

I'm more wondering where is the money going to come from as I imagine it won't be from the taxpayers pocket but rather BPS money in some form - another linear cut perhaps???

Back