the journal this week

Aidan Brennan pulling growth rate figures from his arse this week
70kgs:eek3:
3 weeks ago Jack Kennedy was mouthing off that the handbrake had been released on spring grazing, pure bull...
That's an impressive margin!!! I wouldn't have expected such a margin from beef production to be honest.
And thats a 53% increase, such figures would suggest a previous margin around 35K before SPS.

3 weeks ago Jack Kennedy was mouthing off that the handbrake had been released on spring grazing, pure bull...
And thats a 53% increase, such figures would suggest a previous margin around 35K before SPS.

not measuring grass here but judging by the progress that crops (and my lawn) is making, i think that growth is and has been very poor this far south. I cant imagine that its better in more northerly latitudes....

guys are grazing silage ground from what i hear....

cash is very tight out there, i can feel that things are going to be very tight on many farms by the end of the summer. Big bills will be overdue and sfp wont have arrived yet.....

3 weeks ago Jack Kennedy was mouthing off .

AKA Peter griffin.....

latest

The only thing that's helping grass at the minute is utilisation with the dry weather.

Growth rates like that are bull.

Spring Barley took three weeks to emerge around here which would usually be 10 days in a normal year.

As said a great article by Mr Potterton this week.

my profit is down 72% year on year but it's up 400% on 2008:clap: the good figure speak for themselves how I'm doing on my better than the best farm

Slightly more reasoned reporting on the Cork dairy sale this week by O'Toole. I'd say they were getting a lot of comments from ordinary farmers who pay their bills about their siding with the so called Land League a couple of weeks ago.

i,d say the younger lad on the front page of the journal this week is getting a fair ribbing from his mates, looks like he,s having a good ould scratch:blushing:, i also see a well known wexford farmer is the new head of the icbf, a victory for self promotion if ever there was one:no:

i,d say the younger lad on the front page of the journal this week is getting a fair ribbing from his mates, looks like he,s having a good ould scratch:blushing:, i also see a well known wexford farmer is the new head of the icbf, a victory for self promotion if ever there was one:no:

He hasn't got the job yet I believe :unsure:

The FINDO on tuesday had a propaganda report from Larry Goodman in an effort to try to frighten farmers into bringing out stock for slaughter in order to keep prices down which told us that there would be an extra 80,00 head of cattle for slaughterin 2016 compared to 2015. Today's Journal has a report which has studied the AIMS database and tells us that cattle aged 24 to 30 months (Which would be going for slaughter over the next 6 months) are down almost 60,000 in numbers compared to 2015. That's 140,000 head of cattle in the difference and has to be positive news for beef prices. Larry might be glad to get all the freisan bullocks that he can get his hands on based on those figures. I'd say it makes his mouth froth to see live exports going to Turkey and taking them out of his reach!

Different journal here, but talk about biased, anti farming propaganda. :rolleyes2:

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/turkey-farming-irish-cattle-live-exports-2825808-Jun2016/

Oh FFS!

These people think that food comes out of that little food making machine in the store room of the supermarket prepacked and the retail workers just put it on the shelves. They are also the ones who live in smog covered cities and towns and complain about the massive impact that dairy and suckler cows have on greenhouse gases. They think that they are saving the world by planting a single copper beech tree in the corner of their 10 x 5 lawn,.

Ah jaysus, surely you haven't wiped yer arse with it already..:laugh::laugh:
When I saw an article about that artic tracked john Deere and looked over the ditch at a 4 acre field of barley and realised the relevance of that machinery section to Ireland I went straight behind the nearest bush.... It's almost as bad as that aldi sandpaper.....

I don't like the feel of the new type of paper used.... Rant over.....

I know I'm nearly blind but the new typeface doesn't do it for me either.

It's easy to fill the number of pages they have with tractors but don't know how it will work on a continuous basis.

Back