The older masseys

There were quite a few 575 s around , a couple still tipping about.
They seemed much more of a tractor than a 565. One family had a 575 for years , and bought a 565 , as a spare , but shifted it on quickly , and bought another 575.
All the 500 series were bought for “handy” money , compared to the equivalent 100 series.

Sure to my mind the 575 and 565 are the same tractor bar a bit more of a power tweak and usually different tyres on the 575

Didnt where they were built make a big difference too - the Coventry ones being the better tractor.

French ones had one step versus the two in the UK. I think half the problem with them was that the cab seriously hindered access for fixing any issues compared to what went before.

Didnt where they were built make a big difference too - the Coventry ones being the better tractor.

There's a French built 565 close to here with 2 doors also. Not a very reliable machine. Closer there's a Coventry built 565 and it never gave a day's trouble

We had an Coventry built 575 here and it was a ball of scrap, the 168 we had before (and a after) it was a far better tractor.

Had a 590 here for years, got a good bit of trouble with the usuals for them, did the steering a few times and did the auxiliary hydraulics and PTO once, we also had to retighten the balancing unit in the engine. It burnt out in the end with about 14,000 hrs on it. Great engine and gearbox, the rest was poor.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/ferguson-model-30-with-loading-shovel/16824423

How's that for an oldie????

YTEzMmM0MWEyNTc5NjI4ZmQwZGRlMzgyYTgyZWY3OGW9j4M8Q8-mDjQ2GDmpSnCzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLml_zpszwj4kiep.jpeg

NjRlNTcyNjJiZmE4ZWI0MTNkMzk4MTMzOTllNTA2NzNdsPcb_AZ5LBDn-QDc_LfLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLml_zpsuheiygec.jpeg

ODk4YWNiZjJjNGYzYjJiYWYyZDliMmYyOWJjMjQ0OTMeO-cRPQgiM4aiOUPxoaG3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLml_zpshcvyq1np.jpeg

That's certainly different..........Extendable loader arms too! Wonder what all 6 levers do? One for up and down,one for crowd back and tip and one for extending the arms. 3 left? Wouldn't have thought the Fergie back axle would have been up to a full load in that bucket!

Definitely a 390 with a retro fit turbo thats a TB Turbo decal on the bonnet we had one on a 590,690 and 6160 a lot Ford 7810s had them round here.

Were 4wd versions ever sold in the UK when they were new?
No definitely not, I remember Dick Dowdswell demonstrating a new 1080 with a 4 furrow reversible on an estate near here when they came out 100 acres in the field stiff red clay it was grafting in 1st high high multipower he was an expert at slipping the diff lock in just as he dropped the plough ,seemless . That place bought 2 of them. Not really any relevance but I sowed the same field with grass seed 12 years later.

Lads question for ye on a 390 . On the injector nearest the cab there's a pipe coming out of it pointing towards the cab . Should that be blanked or going somewhere. Reason is one here at work was leaking diesel there . Now there was a straight fitting on it with what looked like a bad braze done to it to make it a blank . I now have that fitting welded as a blank and refitted. Question is what should actually be there .

Attachments

• IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3911.JPG
    IMG_3911.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 32
Lads question for ye on a 390 . On the injector nearest the cab there's a pipe coming out of it pointing towards the cab . Should that be blanked or going somewhere. Reason is one here at work was leaking diesel there . Now there was a straight fitting on it with what looked like a bad braze done to it to make it a blank . I now have that fitting welded as a blank and refitted. Question is what should actually be there .
That'll be the leak off, either back to tank or is there a small reservoir for the heater plug? sometimes the leak off keeps that topped up as well.
What you need is @SMID

Hands up I,d to go and look ,:blushing: on a 90/91 390 the leak of pipe goes to the top front port on the filter head and the rear port goes to the heater but some of the 390 did have a blind end at the back and a hose tail at the front with a short length of hose feeding a pipe back to the side of the tank where the feed and return pipes are. that wee hose was a shit made thing that became porous with a bit of age and turned the engine into an oily mess with the fan blowing it back.

Back