The older masseys

I was at a distinctly non agricultural social back at Christmas time so to amuse myself l asked 20 people to name an agri machinery company.
8 said MF
5 said dont know any
4 said Ford ( none knew about FNH ).
2 were John deere
1 was Mahindra ( she was Indian).

When l listed off all the others l could think of nobody recognised any of them except Caterpiller which they argued was construction not agri.
(Had to pull up a google image of a combine and a challenger)

So according to my limited experiment MF is the most recognised machinery brand outside farming.
Did no one ever hear of John Deere I wud have thought all city folk wud have heard of John Deere.

Can't see anything in the Agco parts book. Guessing maybe a trailer brake valve as been after fitted? Did see the shuttle option for UK built tractors in the pts book. Also noticed French built 168s could have a 3 lever version like the 200 series but the H+L lever and the tortoise and hare lever both come out of the same hole in the gearbox together. Got to be rare too.

All 3 stick boxes were the same,high and low shared the same ball as the splitter.

Didn't realise that........Could have sworn there were 3 holes for three levers in those boxes,but then again the third hole is for the oil fill point!
Have never seen a three stick 100 series all the same.Maybe not many French built models brought to our parts I suppose.

Might be.a struggle to get over 7k for this and similar money for one in the same kind of condition
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-590/19351247

N2UyYzVhYzIwOTY2OTljNTY2YmNiNWFkNzdhZWFjMjS_OjC_HxFADX65fI-qkImnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk4NTQxNDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I,m not so sure it should have a red cab the steering wheel would be smaller diameter the front grill is right but it looks new, not certain but somehow think all the red ones had the exhaust up the side of the bonnet, their was W reg ones with red cabs this side of the water . Steep enough price but 188s are getting close to that now.

My mistake. with folk more or less all vat registered prices are nearly always quoted excluding vat the 188 prices I was referring to were excluding vat :cry:
Price includes vat though so that brings it back to 5700 which isnt outrageous. If you wanted a 590 mp that is.

Engine number is just above the injector pump, stamped into the block. Eg.
152UA*****
Tractor serial number is on the plate below left of the steering wheel. If it's still there....

Lads where would I find the engine/ chassis number on 135
The engine number should be below the front of the exhaust manifold just over the top of the injection pump serial no on a plate on the dash with 135 on it with the number stamped on it.oops too slow.

I,m not so sure it should have a red cab the steering wheel would be smaller diameter the front grill is right but it looks new, not certain but somehow think all the red ones had the exhaust up the side of the bonnet, their was W reg ones with red cabs this side of the water . Steep enough price but 188s are getting close to that now.
she,s a french made massey i,m pretty certain , 2 steps and different rear lights so that may account for the differences

Engine number is just above the injector pump, stamped into the block. Eg.
152UA*****
Tractor serial number is on the plate below left of the steering wheel. If it's still there....

The engine number should be below the front of the exhaust manifold just over the top of the injection pump serial no on a plate on the dash with 135 on it with the number stamped on it.oops too slow.
Spot on lad`s pity them numbers dont match the tax book thats was thought to belong to said 135

The sellers other 590 has exhaust up through the bonnet,only ones I've seen out the side were turbo'd

Scrap that up the side!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-590/21234873

i had a french one here for 10 years and it was a good tractor , originally from england as they were on strike at the time it was bought so some french tractors were brought over to satisfy demand thats what i was told by a dealer anyway, it had a lovely gearbox and was a grand loader tractor
We had an early French built one, a great engine and the 8 spd box was faultless, but everything else gave terrible trouble.

May be just the Coventry ones but radiators were a problem early on theirs a spare up on top of the diesel tank in the workshop yet , we had 3 500s at one time

May be just the Coventry ones but radiators were a problem early on theirs a spare up on top of the diesel tank in the workshop yet , we had 3 500s at one time
i remember someone had written "put it back d wright "on the back of the badge in the centre of the steering wheel in mine, neber got any bother with the radiator but she didn,t do much heavy work

I had missed that it was a Multi Power version, not as desirable then at all.

Some of you seem to doubt it's a true red cab, didn't MF make the two door cab in the two tone grey and red for a while as well :scratchhead:

I had missed that it was a Multi Power version, not as desirable then at all.

Some of you seem to doubt it's a true red cab, didn't MF make the two door cab in the two tone grey and red for a while as well :scratchhead:
Yes we had 2 of the 2 door cabbed ones nash a 575 4wd and a 590 2wd [turboed at a year old] both o them were 2 tone actually I never liked the look of the red ones they were awfull dark inside.

Back