The older Zetors

Who would you mean by that pickells? Do you mean Tom? One sound man. Is it a big job to put pics onto this , for a complete computer moron ? The 12145 we have is very similar to the 14145 on the older zetors thread. Same cab. A bear to pull. URSUS means bear in some language or another seemingly.

Who would you mean by that pickells? Do you mean Tom? One sound man. Is it a big job to put pics onto this , for a complete computer moron ? The 12145 we have is very similar to the 14145 on the older zetors thread. Same cab. A bear to pull. URSUS means bear in some language or another seemingly.

Yes i mean Tom hav e relations in the village who have the same tractor as yours i think
Impressive looking yoke alright !

I know the likes of the 8111 were available with a faster gearbox, not so sure about the older 8011s etc.
I was told the 40k was best avoided

Yep, I think it was mid 80's onwards.

I would think you would need to be a fairly steady operator with the Zetor brakes and probably no trailer brakes either!

there used to be one near the uncles on the heath before used to draw beat to Carlow seemingly it was a beast to go from what I remember it was 91 or 92, the uncles crstals and urses from yrs ago always used to be pig slow but could be got a bit faster with a few turns on the pump,when the brakes worked they were good but to be safe he used always have a rope tied to thehandbrake onto the right hand side door no brakes grab the rope lol

I have an 89 reg 12145( suspect it yr to be 87) with 25 k box and a 92 8145 with the 35 kmh box(that's the speeds on the plate on side of the dash). 3rd and 4th are opposite places on the two tractors. The 8145 is handy going for a couple of tons of meal or fert etc but a bit gutless with a heavy load. The ratios would be much better for field work on the slower box and don't know why, but the slower one would be a much sweeter gearchange. No idea of the hours on the 12145 but gone round the clock, id say. 8145 has about 6000 hrs. Most 81;s I have seen have the 35k one but I couldn't say for sure. I dont think that the 8011;s ever had the fast gearbox but I know a man in Kildare who put one in an 8045 last year, he uses it for road runs and modified it to his own unique spec.

there used to be one near the uncles on the heath before used to draw beat to Carlow seemingly it was a beast to go from what I remember it was 91 or 92, the uncles crstals and urses from yrs ago always used to be pig slow but could be got a bit faster with a few turns on the pump,when the brakes worked they were good but to be safe he used always have a rope tied to thehandbrake onto the right hand side door no brakes grab the rope lol

the 12145 I have used to draw beet to Carlow as well. It was owned by a man from Ballyroan at the time. There are still two dockets tucked up in the roof for two loads of tailings{ top and tails to some people}. Dated 26/12/01 . 12.9 tons for the princely sum of 25.80 punts. There was value.

we had 2 40k, but it actually did 32mph on the road with 38's on. there were a few different boxes on the 6 cylinder zetors, i remember seeing a 14145 once that only had 3 gears on the right handle. our old 40k ones would have outpaced most modern 40k tractors.

we had 2 40k, but it actually did 32mph on the road with 38's on. there were a few different boxes on the 6 cylinder zetors, i remember seeing a 14145 once that only had 3 gears on the right handle. our old 40k ones would have outpaced most modern 40k tractors.

What was torque back up like in them? Used to drive an 8011 seemed v powerful, pump turned up I bet much better than a ford 66

Was it the same engine from 10045 to 16045?

What was torque back up like in them? Used to drive an 8011 seemed v powerful, pump turned up I bet much better than a ford 66

I dont know, but I know the engine in a 12011 is huge!!

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

the 12145 I have used to draw beet to Carlow as well. It was owned by a man from Ballyroan at the time. There are still two dockets tucked up in the roof for two loads of tailings{ top and tails to some people}. Dated 26/12/01 . 12.9 tons for the princely sum of 25.80 punts. There was value.
What the hell was he bringing a half load for . We used to bring around 18 tonne of tailings with 2WD Ford 7600 although it used to need a push up out of the pit with the 120 Volvo . I once got stopped by a Guard on the cannery road but he waved me on but I think he recognised the tractor as we had a special dispensation for a favor involving my father writing a letter to the commissioner in praise of the force in Carlow and their actions involving the recovery of a stolen car from an armed criminal. Regrettably the dispensation did not apply to the Naas squad .

What the hell was he bringing a half load for . We used to bring around 18 tonne of tailings with 2WD Ford 7600 although it used to need a push up out of the pit with the 120 Volvo . I once got stopped by a Guard on the cannery road but he waved me on but I think he recognised the tractor as we had a special dispensation for a favor involving my father writing a letter to the commissioner in praise of the force in Carlow and their actions involving the recovery of a stolen car from an armed criminal. Regrettably the dispensation did not apply to the Naas squad .

Each load was 12.9 tons. Were tailings not quite bulky? You must have been taking in about 25 tons of beet on the trailer , maybe a ton or two more even. Some load on a 76 2 wd. You would need two axles on tractor unit nowadays to carry it.

engine was very powerful, not as big though as some think, the nose on the zetors was alot longer than necessary, loads of space infront of the radiator wasted.
only real fault of the 6 cylinders was the 24v start, there was a box under the seat to turn the 2 12 volt batteries into a 24v power supply to the starter, melted like butter. we usually just hill started them. electronics really failed them tbh, good thing you didn't really need electronics for anything on them though:D

Bogman the more you post about your family, the more addicted I'm getting to know more!

Back