Things on this week

Went down south to look at this mullarkey, a bit of old gear working (messing) and then 2 Claas spfh's with a fleet of 20 or more trailers all driven by the women picking grass mowed and rowed by women.IMG_20170819_131624.jpgWhile it looks the part it was struggling to get the grass past the chute flap. IMG_20170819_132703.jpgThe power of concentration. IMG_20170819_132148.jpgAt some of these events there is as much grass left on the field as is harvested. IMG_20170819_131601.jpg IMG_20170819_133442.jpg

Are you competing this year?

Isn't the Iverk Show on this weekend as well, is it worth the trip?
I'll be having a go if we are not at silage, I think Dualla would have more variety than Iverk, what with the Truck and car shows and the tractor pulling, not sure if they are running a tug of war this year but a lot of free amusement for kids.

I'll be having a go if we are not at silage, I think Dualla would have more variety than Iverk, what with the Truck and car shows and the tractor pulling, not sure if they are running a tug of war this year but a lot of free amusement for kids.
We go to Dualla every year and plan to go on Sunday, as you say there's plenty to keep the kids entertained. I was never at the Iverk Show although I'm threatening to go for years.

We go to Dualla every year and plan to go on Sunday, as you say there's plenty to keep the kids entertained. I was never at the Iverk Show although I'm threatening to go for years.
Well it looks as if the weather will favour them again, it's the making of a show like that.

Thinking of heading up to dualla this afternoon, haven't been before. Is there a f4f meetup at it this year?

Thinking of heading up to dualla this afternoon, haven't been before. Is there a f4f meetup at it this year?
There was a small get together, I met up with Tippcon, did you go @candor , there was talk of close to 500 trucks there, certainly a lot of well tarted up kit, I only photographed one new one, never seen the brand before though some say it's a Hino. Also an old F88 Volvo, one time they were king of the road..IMG_20170827_104607.jpg IMG_20170827_104544.jpg IMG_20170827_105020.jpg

A slightly reworked Steyr 8130, apparently only 15 of these were sold between the UK and Ireland, this one was sold as a Marshall as can be seen from the "calf scour yellow" of the dash binnacle, now putting out over 200hp it was driven from Edenderry and also driven home (no suspension and no doors) and a 3 hr trip each way.IMG_20170827_111825.jpg

There was a small get together, I met up with Tippcon, did you go @candor , there was talk of close to 500 trucks there, certainly a lot of well tarted up kit, I only photographed one new one, never seen the brand before though some say it's a Hino. Also an old F88 Volvo, one time they were king of the road.

Is the brand you haven't seen before the one in your photo, the Sino? They've only started coming in the past couple of years, you'll see a few of them around over the next while as Hino haven't got an engine that complies with the latest Euro emissions controls afaik. Sino are Chinese and are being imported by Harris' whose founder Pino Harris died a few weeks ago.
I don't know about the F88 being king of the road but certainly they are one of the great classics. Many would say that Scania's of the same era of the F88's were kings of the road, the 140 and 141.
Thanks for posting the pics nice to see such a diverse show, something to suit everyone by the sounds of it.

Back