Thorpes Pic's

Level with us thorpe, it's just the same combine driving around the same field :D

To be honest the DF 4080 Topliner had been working on the field for about 5 days and it is still not finished. So your not far off the mark.

We won't say no to Deutz combines thorpe!

Quite a bit of rust on that one for a 00's combine - is it by the sea?

Ive no complaints about the Deutz but there is a a lot of the around here. I do like variety though. I have two Deutz left to upload. I have 2 Lexions (630 & 760TT) and one NH to upload also.

It is a far bit from the sea. One or two close encounters with a few trees maybe........

We won't say no to Deutz combines thorpe! :thumbup:

Quite a bit of rust on that one for a 00's combine - is it by the sea?

Discussed it with someone the other day and all duetz combines should be melted down and made it to shot gun cartridges for shooting pigeons off grain as that's as useful as I think they could be in a field of grain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Discussed it with someone the other day and all duetz combines should be melted down and made it to shot gun cartridges for shooting pigeons off grain as that's as useful as I think they could be in a field of grain.

Oh and I await the onslaught

40% of Wexford farmers must be wrong then :D

Don't say that to Bernard or Andy Byrne either or they will be out of business :eek:

To be honest the DF 4080 Topliner had been working on the field for about 5 days and it is still not finished. So your not far off the mark.

Either it's a big field or the combine is having problems...:D

Keep up the good pics!

They will all try tell you it has the ouput of an equivalent claas or new holland.but at the back of it they haven't a hope.they would all buy claas if they could tear there hearts away from the yoke they have pumped bearing after bearing into and belts and tech screws to keep the panels from falling off.after last year I would never let one cut my grain again.(this might come back to haunt me)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

They will all try tell you it has the ouput of an equivalent claas or new holland.but at the back of it they haven't a hope.they would all buy claas if they could tear there hearts away from the yoke they have pumped bearing after bearing into and belts and tech screws to keep the panels from falling off.after last year I would never let one cut my grain again.(this might come back to haunt me)

I can see this leading to a great debate later - but you must have had an auld Fahr 1000 in it at that rate of going :tt2:

I can see this leading to a great debate later - but you must have had an auld Fahr 1000 in it at that rate of going :tt2:

We had a 4080 that worked the same hours as a council worker.10-5 the second the damp was felt it would stop.a belt would slip a censor would go off and the Straw wouldn't come out the back.il be back on Monday ha.

Either it's a big field or the combine is having problems...:D

Keep up the good pics!

I know the field, well over 200 acres in it I believe, could be 250.

Serious yields of winter barley there too.......

We had a 4080 that worked the same hours as a council worker.10-5 the second the damp was felt it would stop.a belt would slip a censor would go off and the Straw wouldn't come out the back.il be back on Monday ha.

How many stops for the tae :D

Never had trouble like that with any Deutz around here, sure look at Bog Man's high houred 3640!

MF's were the worst, you'd always know when the dew was coming in as the growling would start:rolleyes:

I distinctly remember three years ago cutting alongside a TX34 and TX65 and they crawling at 9pm to finish a field. The much older Deutz was lashing through stuff!

I havent heard too many people say that a deutz has the same output of a similar size NH or Claas. But for price, simplicity and availability of parts the fahr will win surely? There are not too many things that will go wrong with a deutz that you cant fix yourself.

I was talking to two of the large operators around here about the machines they had working for them over the past few years. I asked one about the Deutz he had (it was either a 4080 or a 4090). If there was a milk near by it would have turned it sour. He hated it and it nearly drove him mad. He Had it for 2 seasons before he moved on. Claas all the way he was saying although he said he did have a soft spot for the JD he had and would consider them for his new machines in a year or 2. The other lad never had one he was saying but he never would have one. He didnt go beyond that.

That combine is a "balance" we had one and gave lots of trouble, the older DF were a better combine imo, class is certainly number one on sales at present, but hard to beat NH we ran a NH beside a class walker combine last year the class was faster without a doubt but left decent green row everywhere it went, class has a very fast cutter bar but in heavy crops i think it can loose grain. It will be very interesting next year when NH have the new combines out, JD dont have a walker combine to compete with class or nh imo, but the big rotary combines are meant to be very good, not suited to irish crops though.

We can't fault deutz to much easy and cheap to keep going and the Byrnes hav a fair stock of parts a lot cheaper than running to main dealer and being told il have it tomorrow and it'll cost €€€€€ . The balance were an awfull ball of sh$t don't know if I'd take a present of one ( well maybe for parts !!) we have two combines that will give 25 tonne + an hour output . It suits us and as they say horses for courses . Hear good reports of the new class tucan

That combine is a "balance" we had one and gave lots of trouble, the older DF were a better combine imo, class is certainly number one on sales at present, but hard to beat NH we ran a NH beside a class walker combine last year the class was faster without a doubt but left decent green row everywhere it went, class has a very fast cutter bar but in heavy crops i think it can loose grain. It will be very interesting next year when NH have the new combines out, JD dont have a walker combine to compete with class or nh imo, but the big rotary combines are meant to be very good, not suited to irish crops though.

Tfm had there Big 680 or 690 nd down bear here last year and the lads wernt very impressed with it bad sample and low output in wetter harvest.

Tfm had there Big 680 or 690 nd down bear here last year and the lads wernt very impressed with it bad sample and low output in wetter harvest.

Don't seem to have put out too many combines around the area either this year, John :o

4 new JD combines doing the rounds here this year including a T670. I have seen the T560 on the go and it was highly impressive. Nice clean sample, no visible losses and moved quite nicely along.
Anyway back to photos. An increasingly rare sight these days, a DF M35.80 in action.
9421481511_e8120b1277_c.jpg

9424261882_232eb364f4_c.jpg

9424274302_aa0c198466_c.jpg

9424348394_fcc9ffd824_c.jpg

9421517295_50220b5b9f_c.jpg

That is a very late 3580, newer header with more plastic on the reel, green roof and rotary screen.

Last of the Duetz Fahr combines that I have snapped so far this year. Claas & NH to come.
9424299070_b243821a00_c.jpg

9421541393_85613e7082_c.jpg

9424323524_c58239a293_c.jpg

9421565811_f591834b02_c.jpg

That combine is a "balance" we had one and gave lots of trouble, the older DF were a better combine imo, class is certainly number one on sales at present, but hard to beat NH we ran a NH beside a class walker combine last year the class was faster without a doubt but left decent green row everywhere it went, class has a very fast cutter bar but in heavy crops i think it can loose grain. It will be very interesting next year when NH have the new combines out, JD dont have a walker combine to compete with class or nh i,mo but the big rotary combines are meant to be very good, not suited to irish crops though.

Would dis-agree there, our T670i is some machine, we tried a New holland cx8090 alongside it and the JD had the edge, I think if I had the New Holland a bit longer we could have gotten it on par with the Deere, the New holland was worse on the straw as well.

First of the Claas machines. A gem of a machine is this Claas Lexion 760 Terra Trac. A huge word of thanks to all involved in getting these photographs.
9429515545_e6ab092ab4_c.jpg

9432299056_c48f267066_c.jpg

9429446629_9898d84b77_c.jpg

9429457959_8d10c1789c_c.jpg

9432240328_182df47a99_c.jpg

9432263886_f8173b9f31_c.jpg

That is some contrast the Rusty DF4075 and the trailer with the wooden creels and the 760 Lexion the Fendt 820 and Broughan trailer .
I would have all my oats cut if I had the 760 but where is the fun in that.:lol::lol:

Back