Thorpes Pic's

:Thumbp2::Thumbp2:
Ha ha, you have a good memory @nashmach, do you remember every fellas gear on here? My gear is small but does my job and I enjoy it.
I’d say my head was too busy working out the tons/ac to be looking at the camera

I'd say you were thinking what you were going to buy next from the super yields :whistle:

Small gear!! It's much bigger than mine and all near mint, a credit to you.

I'd say you were thinking what you were going to buy next from the super yields :whistle:

Small gear!! It's much bigger than mine and all near mint, a credit to you.
Thanks, I have to give credit to my Dad for the combine and trailer, both bought new in early 80’s, he was great to mind stuff.
I have a few more bits to upgrade all right, trouble is to decide which item next.

@KTM Farmer The John Deere 955 is a credit to ye. A lovely machine to watch working with a nice purr from it. One of those machines I love getting each year if I can along with the MF31XP over the road from you. I like to get some of the older machines going as I grew up seeing these machines working. I've a real soft spot for the older Deeres, the 900, 1000 & 1100 series, New Holland Claysons and the Claas Senator & Dominators. I'm still trying to get a few decent shots of both Senator & Dominators working as what I have of these are not great at all.

@KTM Farmer The John Deere 955 is a credit to ye. A lovely machine to watch working with a nice purr from it. One of those machines I love getting each year if I can along with the MF31XP over the road from you. I like to get some of the older machines going as I grew up seeing these machines working. I've a real soft spot for the older Deeres, the 900, 1000 & 1100 series, New Holland Claysons and the Claas Senator & Dominators. I'm still trying to get a few decent shots of both Senator & Dominators working as what I have of these are not great at all.
I have to confess that l just skim over the pictures of endless Claas lexions. (Nothing personal just to me they have no character) , whereas l expand up and scrutinise all the older machines in detail. I find them far more interesting.

Last edited:
I look to be going seriously slow in the video but it feels a bit quicker driving it. I can do 12 acres in a good day and for my acres shur that’s fine. The only reason I would upgrade and will in time, is to have a dust free cab. The main thing is I like to give it enough time so that she throws no grain out the back which she doesn’t and gives a fairly clean sample too. My Dad used to go mad if there was grain growing along the swarths in the stubbles a few weeks later.

As far as I know they have two Masseys, at least I saw two in a field of theirs last harvest. The one near me belongs to Farrells, some of you may have known Niall for his own design of a grain drier.
I knew Niall well, I had one of his dryers a good few years back. He had some head for machinery. Only heard recently that he had passed away.

I have to confess that l just skim over the pictures of endless Claas lexions. (Nothing personal just to me they have no character) , whereas l expand up and scrutinise all the older machines in detail. I find them far more interesting.

I thought it was just me who did that :blushing::blushing:

I knew Niall well, I had one of his dryers a good few years back. He had some head for machinery. Only heard recently that he had passed away.
He had a fantastic head for machinery. I worked for him during summer holidays repairing combines when he was Dronningberg dealer, then later part time helping with the drier design and build of the prototype 15 ton demountable one that went to Smithfield. He hired me full time in 97 when the driers were going well. Unfortunately the market for them got saturated fairly quick. He was a pleasure to work for, prefer to be brainstorming new ideas than be involved with production line.
It’s a pity he passed away so young.

He had a fantastic head for machinery. I worked for him during summer holidays repairing combines when he was Dronningberg dealer, then later part time helping with the drier design and build of the prototype 15 ton demountable one that went to Smithfield. He hired me full time in 97 when the driers were going well. Unfortunately the market for them got saturated fairly quick. He was a pleasure to work for, prefer to be brainstorming new ideas than be involved with production line.
It’s a pity he passed away so young.
Were they farming on the right before Castletown coming from Fermoy ?

Is Niall’s brother ( his name escapes me) still farming there. I actually sold the dryer back to him about fifteen years ago when we upgraded to a continuous flow dryer.
Yes, Mike is still farming in a smaller scale there. They sold part of the farm though in recent years. They still have a trayler drier, probably your one.

As far as I know they have two Masseys, at least I saw two in a field of theirs last harvest. The one near me belongs to Farrells, some of you may have known Niall for his own design of a grain drier.
Thanks ya they have 2 alright newish one came last yr.gone back to mf tractors as well I think.would know willie very well through ploughing matches

Back