Tile Drainage 1977

DSCN6375.jpg

DSCN6378.jpg

DSCN6381.jpg

DSCN6383.jpg

DSCN6384.jpg

DSCN6399.jpg

I just about was "lucky" enough to suffer those instruments of torture , clay pipes. I see a pile of them at the nearest side of one picture. I thought the land around your part of Carlow would have been amongst the best in Ireland. It seems to need plenty of maintainance , no different to what most of us have.

Are you the upside down chap , hanging under the rope in one of the earlier pictures ?

What make is that loader loading the beet?
I think it was a Chaseside .

I just about was "lucky" enough to suffer those instruments of torture , clay pipes. I see a pile of them at the nearest side of one picture. I thought the land around your part of Carlow would have been amongst the best in Ireland. It seems to need plenty of maintainance , no different to what most of us have.

Are you the upside down chap , hanging under the rope in one of the earlier pictures ?

As a percentage of the area the maintenance is small . I would be sympathetic to the earlier pipes and would only put in new pipes without making macoroni out of the old system .Not too bad when I am only coming back after 50 years . Sitting in a nice Hitachi listening to Beat FM and the aircon set at 19 c . Less than an hours work to find the problem and probably another hour to relay and cover in the few pipes .
Not me hanging upside down .

Is that a jetter on the fordson?

On the Dexta with the Lambourn cab ? It was for cleaning drains. A scoop type machine , that you dropped into the drain , and between lifting and driving forward , you pulled out the muck. Bogman will tell you more himself.

I think it was a Chaseside .

As a percentage of the area the maintenance is small . I would be sympathetic to the earlier pipes and would only put in new pipes without making macoroni out of the old system .Not too bad when I am only coming back after 50 years . Sitting in a nice Hitachi listening to Beat FM and the aircon set at 19 c . Less than an hours work to find the problem and probably another hour to relay and cover in the few pipes .
Not me hanging upside down .

for f**ks sake bogman, beat fm:scared: sure nobody over 25 should admit to listening to that, ronan collins on radio 1 is for lads around our age, john creedon would also suit but i doubt you,ll be out digging at 9 pm:D

for f**ks sake bogman, beat fm:scared: sure nobody over 25 should admit to listening to that, ronan collins on radio 1 is for lads around our age, john creedon would also suit but i doubt you,ll be out digging at 9 pm:D

I never listen to anything depressing but I do turn over to Ronan Collins at 12 . Lyric playing in the background when I am driving the combine picking up lodged corn .Before nine in the morning Beat has a problem section then listeners call in with relationship solutions . Young people are very witty and a lot better than John Murray going on about his depression .

I never listen to anything depressing but I do turn over to Ronan Collins at 12 . Lyric playing in the background when I am driving the combine picking up lodged corn .Before nine in the morning Beat has a problem section then listeners call in with relationship solutions . Young people are very witty and a lot better than John Murray going on about his depression .

i,d chop and change between stations too, usually se radio in the morning then maybe pat kenny ,ronan, moncrief , dermot and dave back to south east depending on the humour

i,d chop and change between stations too, usually se radio in the morning then maybe pat kenny ,ronan, moncrief , dermot and dave back to south east depending on the humour

Thankfully Bog Man is spared SE Radio :D

I don't think anyone could listen to your fellow parishioner in the afternoon.

Noticed that a few days ago, they've added a watermark but at least they are back again.

In related news I got an email from Flickr a few days ago to say they are going to start charging & limiting free accounts to 1000 pics. They'll be deleting excess from February IIRC, that'll be all my tractor run albums deleted :tdown:

I guess the days of free image hosting are almost over.

Noticed that a few days ago, they've added a watermark but at least they are back again.

In related news I got an email from Flickr a few days ago to say they are going to start charging & limiting free accounts to 1000 pics. They'll be deleting excess from February IIRC, that'll be all my tractor run albums deleted :tdown:

Haven't had the email from Flickr but am aware of their change. I have just under the 1000 pics (975) so that's it, no more to add but won't be losing any either. Some have been shared to various forums.

could you not buy a cheap hard drive and download them all?

could you not buy a cheap hard drive and download them all?

The originals are all backed up on hard drives here so no worries on that. It's just a lot of people will have moved from Photobucket to Flickr so unfortunately there'll probably be a lot of images going missing from posts on forums again in the next few months I'd say.

Reactions: Paw
The originals are all backed up on hard drives here so no worries on that. It's just a lot of people will have moved from Photobucket to Flickr so unfortunately there'll probably be a lot of images going missing from posts on forums again in the next few months I'd say.
Similar has happened with Dropbox. Dropbox used to do sharing links which could be used to display images on forums but they decided to cancel the links, they didn't change storage limits or delete any data.

I see Photobucket have given in and are allowing the pictures to be viewed .
Some great pics on here @Bog Man I haven’t seen them before.We had the same thing that went on to the fingerbar mower to cut the peas and the tripods there was some amount of work in them peas.I remember the mounted Armer beet harvester the one that was here was a bit different it was a mark5 on a super major,I think it was the last of the mounted ones before the TTA came out. I also seen them clay drainage pipes being used.Great to see them all again.

Back