Today's Drive

I'm a firm believer in giving everything a try.
If you could get over the look of it :no::no: it's actually grand.
( a bit like @Agri Power having to make do with john Deere's)
Previously owned by a hairdresser :rolleyes2:
270 euros tax ,is that right???
20200815_181909.jpg
20200815_181811.jpg

I'm a firm believer in giving everything a try.
If you could get over the look of it :no::no: it's actually grand.
( a bit like @Agri Power having to make do with john Deere's)
Previously owned by a hairdresser :rolleyes2:
270 euros tax ,is that right???View attachment 81288 View attachment 81289

I was only thinking myself lately , that there must be far worse yokes to use as a farm runaround.. Can they be got as a 4 wd ? Just for herding up the field .
Most of my towing is within 10 miles of base , so tractor could do that .

A man of my acquaintance has just landed a 202 Izuzu D Max single cab . Said he could afford the repayments on that , but find it hard to either find the money , or the 10 to 15 year old jeep that would be worth bringing home. 5 grand for a teenager...

Datsun 120Y Rustbucket?
Looked in absolutely perfect condition no rust that I could see, thinking it may be an import. Was following it for a good 10 mile and she was tipping away at 80 to 90 kph. I definitely remember seeing some very rusty ones in my youth.

Wonder when Datsun became Nissan did they then discover primer? Nissans hadn't the same rust problem.

Looked in absolutely perfect condition no rust that I could see, thinking it may be an import. Was following it for a good 10 mile and she was tipping away at 80 to 90 kph. I definitely remember seeing some very rusty ones in my youth.
Deffenitely an import. ZV reg is the reg all newly registered vintage vehicles over 30 years old must take. There could be the small chance that it's log book was lost and it got a new reg but i doubt it.

Wonder when Datsun became Nissan did they then discover primer? Nissans hadn't the same rust problem.
They might have primed the panels but most Nissans rusted shocking bad underneath. The father in law had a 2001 Nissan almeara from new, kept in the shed, went for a carwash every Sunday. It failed its first nct where the front chassis support beam beneath the radiator had rusted out. And up until 2017 it got several replacement chassis supports. It got a full waxoyl when I came around the place but it was probably too late at that stage. The sills rusted out of it near the end and finally the chassis was so badly gone it was scrapped. Only 70k miles on it

Deffenitely an import. ZV reg is the reg all newly registered vintage vehicles over 30 years old must take. There could be the small chance that it's log book was lost and it got a new reg but i doubt it.
Are you sure, afaik, when an import is first registered, if its over 30 years old, it qualifies for the low tax, it can be registered on ZV plates or on the “new type”
Year, county, number.
I may be wrong but I thought it was possible to the same with an original Irish vehicle too, when it passed the 30 years?

Someone had a picture of a combine on here previously, that was on ZV plates.

Back