Todays Photo

Seriously, you want to see the amount of wildlife down there, pheasants, partridge, ducks, hares as big as pups, not to mention otters etc. Any of course all the pigeons and crows I've fed for the summer! The burned ground turned green in a few days with loads of wildlife running about. Hedges are cut every year and plough as close to them as I can get. Grassland and forestry all around yet more wildlife in the tillage field. Couldn't get much greener than that. This greening is a joke, it's the tillage farmers that are already providing the diversity for wildlife in this country.

Seriously, you want to see the amount of wildlife down there, pheasants, partridge, ducks, hares as big as pups, not to mention otters etc. Any of course all the pigeons and crows I've fed for the summer! The burned ground turned green in a few days with loads of wildlife running about. Hedges are cut every year and plough as close to them as I can get. Grassland and forestry all around yet more wildlife in the tillage field. Couldn't get much greener than that. This greening is a joke, it's the tillage farmers that are already providing the diversity for wildlife in this country.

I've experienced first hand the joke that is wildlife counting.

Had two volunteers from the rspb over to count birds. They went about for the day with their list ready to tick off.

Came back with a very weak list saying the bird spotting was poor, so we took a look at the list and told them what we had seen the last few weeks. Would have trebbled the species count.... but unless they saw them with their own eyes it wasn't to go down on the list!!

FFS they hadn't even seen a pheasant, and we have a shoot next door with pheasants everywhere!!!

Had the impression they were out to prove a point, so they were never invited back!

snapped this fellow on sunday at eagles flying beside ballymote in sligo.
well worth the visit.

Attachments

• IMAG4174_BURST003.jpg
    IMAG4174_BURST003.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 104
nah.
beautiful animal.
100% accurate all the time.

Aye they are and I'd never shoot anything like that. There's 2 birds here, not sure what they are tbh but their wingspan is something else. They seem to spend a great deal of time on the ground whatever their eating?. When they do land in trees near the house the crows all leave so they must be a bird a prey?.

Aye they are and I'd never shoot anything like that. There's 2 birds here, not sure what they are tbh but their wingspan is something else. They seem to spend a great deal of time on the ground whatever their eating?. When they do land in trees near the house the crows all leave so they must be a bird a prey?.

I'd say they are buzzards dp , getting fairly popular . Wouldn't be great for the small and young birds , I see where they were once protected in Scotland but are now classed as vermin .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spreading gravel by lights of the jeep and tractor. lord knows what it'll look like in the morning!!

Attachments

• WP_000051.jpg
    WP_000051.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 79
I'd say they are buzzards dp , getting fairly popular . Wouldn't be great for the small and young birds , I see where they were once protected in Scotland but are now classed as vermin .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No their still protected in Scotland(Sister married to Scottish lad that's into birding stuff!!). I like seeing them around cos they prey mainly on the likes of rats,rabbits and crows. Its the magpies and Grey Crows that hammer the smaller birds nests.

http://duhallow.blogspot.ie/p/buzzards-in-duhallow.html

No their still protected in Scotland(Sister married to Scottish lad that's into birding stuff!!). I like seeing them around cos they prey mainly on the likes of rats,rabbits and crows. Its the magpies and Grey Crows that hammer the smaller birds nests.

http://duhallow.blogspot.ie/p/buzzards-in-duhallow.html
magpies and crows are on the shoot to kill list here.
there was a stack of bales with " fcuk off crows" wrote on it round here last year.

there dose be one or two wood pidgeons about, no more than that so i dont mind them.

Back