Todays Photo

Really? Ever? Surely not. 990?

You can tell by the wear on the pedal she's not done much, I've driven a few and there was no grip left on the pedal :laugh:
aparently she was a donkey engine, front axle removed, and back tyres, sat on a plinth all its life driving something.
he had to buy an axle for it, and wheels along with a rear linkage.

Attachments

• IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 73
aparently she was a donkey engine, front axle removed, and back tyres, sat on a plinth all its life driving something.
he had to buy an axle for it, and wheels along with a rear linkage.

Oh very nice, we had the same job years ago. An 885 or 995 db driving a blackcurrant harvester, so it does happen.

Oh very nice, we had the same job years ago. An 885 or 995 db driving a blackcurrant harvester, so it does happen.

I can remember being at an ex Teagasc auction must be near 10 years ago now and there was a blackcurrent harvester there too based on a 995 - went for a song!

I wonder was that 885 an ex Standen Solobeet harvester? They were very popular at that job. In fact between Skimmer and I there is one with a 135 skid unit lying up for quite some time.

I can remember being at an ex Teagasc auction must be near 10 years ago now and there was a blackcurrent harvester there too based on a 995 - went for a song!

I wonder was that 885 an ex Standen Solobeet harvester? They were very popular at that job. In fact between Skimmer and I there is one with a 135 skid unit lying up for quite some time.

That harvester driven by the db was a 2 row if I believe correctly, before that a similar setup with a 135 drove a one row machine. I'll see if I can get pictures sometime, though they are in the archives so could be a while!

the nice looking girlie was serving in the fish and chip shop at the hogwarts station
no, never, this one...:whistling:

images

the other thing worthy of mention was the rally of model T ford cars as it was the 100th anniversary of taking one to the top of Ben Nevis ,I think there were 60 model T`s in all shapes and forms in Fort William on Tuesday so worth a look but sadly I didnt get any pics :thumbdown:

Nice ppic that.
Did you go all the way to mallaig?

yes ,stayed at the Moorings at Bannavie monday night then Mallaig on the train on tuesday ,the Moorings is a great place to stay and eat ,food is first class :thumbup1: ,not much in Mallaig but a nice place to spend a few hours

An brock.
either you have a good zoom on your camera or he is as blind as a bat.
what was he watchin while you were watchin him?
Both I guess, he was pretty close. 20 yards or less i would say.
No idea what he was watching as the only thing there apart from grass was me. :laugh:

He took flight eventually, but instead of ducking back in the hedge he decided it was a better idea to run all the way across the field instead.
I don't think they are the brightest of creatures.

2011052023217968287a0%20(1).jpg

yes ,stayed at the Moorings at Bannavie monday night then Mallaig on the train on tuesday ,the Moorings is a great place to stay and eat ,food is first class :thumbup1: ,not much in Mallaig but a nice place to spend a few hours

The Morrings is nice, We had a few beverages there when were passing in April :thumbup1:

Back