Todays Photo

Those orange ones are worse that useless, yet every hardware shop seems to stock them!
Trouble is they end up on top of trees instead of back at the hardware to complain!
And no one at the hardware uses one so....

Trouble is they end up on top of trees instead of back at the hardware to complain!
And no one at the hardware uses one so....
Take a pic of it and send to them, say your experiencing technical difficulties with their product and that it’s having a severe impact on your dads mental health.

And put the pic on here of course.

Reactions: AYF
Well loathe as I am to say it but the LIDL one I got 3 years ago is still working and the very same as the one SISK used to supply back on my motorway building days at a cost of €15 ea.................... It does the sausages (of polysulphide) and the normal silicone cartridges.......

Very nice, would be my dream combine. Be very interested to see next harvest how it compared to the deere

Its miles ahead of the deere but we're going from walkers to a rotary so would expect a big jump in output, we'll be running it with rotors more open and slower than optimum to protect the straw so thats why we went for the wide body to keep decent output. On the demo day our machine was doing 3 km/h with 25 ft header and NH was doing 4 km/h with 35 ft.

Its miles ahead of the deere but we're going from walkers to a rotary so would expect a big jump in output, we'll be running it with rotors more open and slower than optimum to protect the straw so thats why we went for the wide body to keep decent output. On the demo day our machine was doing 3 km/h with 25 ft header and NH was doing 4 km/h with 35 ft.
Did ye see much reduction in straw volume on demo day?

Did ye see much reduction in straw volume on demo day?

Depends how we ran the rotaries, first one we had was the lexion 760, it had cemos auto, we had it set for maximum straw quality and you genuinely couldn't tell the difference between the walker and rotary rows, we then set it to max output and it spun the rotors up from 700 to 1100 and tightened the concaves, straw was very mangled but speed went from 4.8 to 5.8 km/h.

When we had the NH we were running it wide open and pretty slow rotors, it was leaving nice straw but a denser row than the walker machine, for various reasons I wasn't paying enough attention to it and didn't notice until late in the day that I could alter the chute the straw slides down at the back, widening the row and having it flatter so it droopped slower helped the row no end.

I didn’t look close enough .. thought it was a cx!! Still be interesting to see how it performs over a season

Back