Todays Photo

Saw a post on Facebook yesterday about this Digger and the cops commented that the tractor was on Agri culture diesel which is not aloud for commercial use.Also that the trailer wasn’t fit to pull this digger.

This post will cause quite a bit of friction with hauliers etc.
But the truth is only a tiny % of available “commercial” work goes to this sort of setup and its near all short local style runs that hauliers wouldn’t be interested in anyway.

I’m sure the guards passed 100 uninsured untaxed motorists to stop that outfit, and I know which I’d rather see them targeting!

Granted the white diesel bit is a bit ridiculous, But out of 100 uninsured/untaxed drivers and a possible overloaded unsecured 20 tonne lump of iron, It's the digger i'd rather see stopped every day of the week.
The digger?
Those 320DL's do in fact weigh 20 odd tonne, I was curious before as to whether they were marked like the hitachis.

Just because it says 20 on the side of the digger does not necessarily make it 20t. Brother’s Case with 20 in the model number was 23 or 24t.

Plus it depends what the low loader is plated to carry. The Gardai did say on the Facebook post
http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...-for-using-green-diesel-and-being-overweight/
That looks to be a long undercarraige which would make it over 22 tons ,http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10005649 , plus the weight of 2 or maybe 3 buckets, a wild guess at about 6 tons for the trailer.

Looking at the original Facebook post the Gardai also pulled a cement mixer for being 6.7t over and a gravel truck for 3.0t over plus being operated by a driver on a learner permit.

A26BD97F-E370-4C0E-9254-34F7E0E4A8E7.png

I fail to understand how the trailer could be unsuitable. That trailer is rated to take 25 tonne and is on air. The green diesel comment is ridiculous..... why wouldn't a fella be on green diesel in an agricultural tractor. The only thing I see to be an issue is the digger is not chained down and he should have the out riggers extended. It's the usual storey they hit the easy target ie a fella that gets up to do a days work.

I fail to understand how the trailer could be unsuitable. That trailer is rated to take 25 tonne and is on air. The green diesel comment is ridiculous..... why wouldn't a fella be on green diesel in an agricultural tractor. The only thing I see to be an issue is the digger is not chained down and he should have the out riggers extended. It's the usual storey they hit the easy target ie a fella that gets up to do a days work.
The outriggers look extended to me, and it is chained.
Vosa in the UK are very strict on the Fuel use issue, maybe a clamp down is on the way here?

I'd say his tachograph was ok cause a lot of garda can't check the new tacho cards. I was done for weights going into Bell harbour, Waterford with a load of timber a while back. I had a day in court and I explained to the judge that lorries cant be weighed coming out of woods cause Coilte have no weighbridges and he was fine with my story and let me off.

The rules state a gross weight of 27 tons for that trailer, if it was on tyres 500mm wide or above it could gross 30 tons, assuming the trailer is approx 6 and a long UC 320D is 22,300kg, add weight for buckets and even the chains( it all counts) .

The rules state a gross weight of 27 tons for that trailer, if it was on tyres 500mm wide or above it could gross 30 tons, assuming the trailer is approx 6 and a long UC 320D is 22,300kg, add weight for buckets and even the chains( it all counts) .
Still thou.How do they know it was for commercial work an not going doin agri work?

Saw a post on Facebook yesterday about this Digger and the cops commented that the tractor was on Agri culture diesel which is not aloud for commercial use.Also that the trailer wasn’t fit to pull this digger.

But the truth is only a tiny % of available “commercial” work goes to this sort of setup and its near all short local style runs that hauliers wouldn’t be interested in anyway.

I’m sure the guards passed 100 uninsured untaxed motorists to stop that outfit, and I know which I’d rather see them targeting!
View attachment 51655

To me, he may only have 24t up?? chains seem adequate but not conclusive, out riggers out, trailer looks in good nick, Guy might not be over wrong when they go through their books out on the body of the trailer

View attachment 51655

Welcome along :clap: is that your outfit?

What size tractor was actually pulling the trailer does anyone know .

View attachment 51655

Back