Todays Photo

Made a start on the fert this afternoon,90 acres out the way before milking.

image.jpeg

Feckin stuff,think it sat outside a while before it landed at mine,been in the shed here since the first week of January.

I see this on the local Mart.
"Houston , we have a problem."
99 Hi lux.
View attachment 53464

For those wondering what the hell I was on about , I couldn't very well take the photo side on, as the owner was sitting in it . It has a hump in the middle . Chassis bent.

Showed the picture to a mechanic this evening . "That's a jeep came out of the mines . Look at the tailgate. Those yokes could have carried anything/been shoved by anything." .

For those wondering what the hell I was on about , I couldn't very well take the photo side on, as the owner was sitting in it . It has a hump in the middle . Chassis bent.

Showed the picture to a mechanic this evening . "That's a jeep came out of the mines . Look at the tailgate. Those yokes could have carried anything/been shoved by anything." .

I thought it looked like it had been abused.

I be ringing and complaining about that shit. You pay enough you should get good stuff and not last years left overs

I used 3 bags up from last year 1st and they were fine,just shows my shed is dryer than the docks,merchants in bad books anyway bought fert in late December for late January delivery as the shed was full of straw,3rd of January chap rings up at my gate with 28t of urea:curse: I sent him packing,I tell every artic to ring me once loaded so we can arrange unloading,he never bothered,the curtain trailer sat loaded in the hauliers yard for 10 days while I moved stuff about to fit it in.

I got a 30 tonne Bulk load of Sul can on the 6 th April and only got to spread it the last few days . It sweated and there was water running out of it but it caused no blockages and there were no lumps in it . Even when I swept up the last of it this evening it spread with no bother .

I used 3 bags up from last year 1st and they were fine,just shows my shed is dryer than the docks,merchants in bad books anyway bought fert in late December for late January delivery as the shed was full of straw,3rd of January chap rings up at my gate with 28t of urea:curse: I sent him packing,I tell every artic to ring me once loaded so we can arrange unloading,he never bothered,the curtain trailer sat loaded in the hauliers yard for 10 days while I moved stuff about to fit it in.

Yea has happened here to. Lorry driver rings saying he is on the way to mine with fertilser. Never even knew it was being delivered. Asked him when would he be there and he said ten mins. There was no one at home and same as you I had stuff to move but told him to leave it on the yard and I will put it in the shed when I get home from work. Then he says sure I have no way of unloading as I don’t have a moffet. He was sent home with it and came out a few days later on a lorry with a moffet. Who delivers fertilser with out a moffet and with out checking with the farmer.

I got a 30 tonne Bulk load of Sul can on the 6 th April and only got to spread it the last few days . It sweated and there was water running out of it but it caused no blockages and there were no lumps in it . Even when I swept up the last of it this evening it spread with no bother .

How would urea be in bulk,would it go lumpy on the surface? obviously I'd put it in a dry shed.

No dust here. Had to go back in time to get seeding under way with as little soil damage as possible. Tractor was purchased new on this farm 51 years ago, ordered with wide wheels for seeding with a similar drill.

That 4000 is a credit to you and the family.

Original bird bath exhaust and the lights on the back of the mudguards. And the dynamo belt guard!!!

What is the aftermarket power steering from?

Are we really moving forwards with today's phones?. I was looking for something last night and came on this old phone that's Surely 10 years old. It fits in my jeans pockets lovely compared to the S6 I'm currently on and the battery used last a week not a day. I'd happily buy one again for a work phone if they were reintroduced. 20180412_000220.jpg 20180412_000146.jpg 20180412_000305.jpg
Box of matches gives an idea of how tidy it is.

That 4000 is a credit to you and the family.

Original bird bath exhaust and the lights on the back of the mudguards. And the dynamo belt guard!!!

What is the aftermarket power steering from?
I bought it from an exporter , of a ford force. Kept all my original bits though! !! It's got a dromone p. U.hitch since early 70s and I do not have the original swing drawbar clevis if anyone spots one somewhere. I have the drawbar.

Are we really moving forwards with today's phones?. I was looking for something last night and came on this old phone that's Surely 10 years old. It fits in my jeans pockets lovely compared to the S6 I'm currently on and the battery used last a week not a day. I'd happily buy one again for a work phone if they were reintroduced. View attachment 53624 View attachment 53625 View attachment 53626
Box of matches gives an idea of how tidy it is.
Found a box of old phones here the other day too.
Seriously compact compared to today's phones! Flip phones were just the job as you'd never scratch the screen in your pocket!

Back