Tough mobile phones

DINAS

Ive got a Samsung 2100 red colour which is water & shock proof, been a great phone for outdoor use.

Current model is 2710 in black colour.

My area has reduced Orange signal and they say the 2100 isnt good at picking up the poor signal. They dont think the 2710 will be any better.

Trying to sell me a "smart phone" which has better signal reception, but I know these smart phones are not tough/water/dust proof

What do you guys use?

currently using a nokia lumia windows phone and it seems to be standing up to farm life quite well ,I have the 3g shut off as it doesnt work here and it seems to help 2g signal ,battery lasts all day and it syncs with all my contacts on outlook so all get backed up every day .it took me a few days to get used to it though
if you need waterproof Panasonic have a new mobile out which would fit the bill there but not used one so cant comment their phones are running on android so should be fine

I'm no expert, but I don't believe a smartphone will have any better signal reception. It would be the other way around, I thought... :001_unsure:
Maybe the salesperson gets a better commission from smartphone sales...... :rolleyes:

is any other network better? on 3 here but they wouldn't give me a tough phone. so I managed to get a samsung B2710 on some deal, £10 down, and so much for the contract per month, on orange, but.... if you never use the sim card, contract never starts, so sim went in the fire first thing, got it un locked for another £10, cheap phone!

think the deal was through national fallen stock company

was something in the farmers weekly about a tough I phone type thing launching soon?

Ive got the samsung the same as yours , I had the red one and I now have the black one , the black one has better coverage , my wife has a nokia and I have better coverage than her when we are in the house , all the insulation keeps the signal out , but the samsung works where the nokia wont.

I'm no expert, but I don't believe a smartphone will have any better signal reception. It would be the other way around, I thought... :001_unsure:
Maybe the salesperson gets a better commission from smartphone sales...... :rolleyes:
the smart phones seem to have good enuf reception when they are naked, but when you fit a decent cover, it knocks off a bar or two i find.

battery life in the smart phones or whatnot are nothing compared to the tough phones, to the royal welsh for the week with the lads, all with smart phones, they were borrowing my phone after two days! still had enough left end of the week!

battery life in the smart phones or whatnot are nothing compared to the tough phones, to the royal welsh for the week with the lads, all with smart phones, they were borrowing my phone after two days! still had enough left end of the week!
the battery is chronic on them alright.
i see the wireless kills mine in a day, less if its buisy.
if i knock the wireless off it ill make it a day and a half at a push.

the smart phones seem to have good enuf reception when they are naked, but when you fit a decent cover, it knocks off a bar or two i find.

Mine has poor enough coverage, and yeah the case could be the cause of it too. Still though if it didn't have the case it would be broke ages ago. Great to protect them.

Anyone had fun with a tough smartphone since this thread?

Or even any other tough phone, mine doesn't like to charge without having a strop! Charger needs to be held in a certain position with elastic!!

Anyone had fun with a tough smartphone since this thread?

Or even any other tough phone, mine doesn't like to charge without having a strop! Charger needs to be held in a certain position with elastic!!

Screen broke on my so called Samsung"builders phone" while in the top pocket of the overalls, for your charger problem maybe you've got a build up of dirt in the charger socket, a poke with a pin will shift it, used to happen my old nokia regularly.

Tried all sorts with the charger. Has been manageable. but recently I can leave it to charge and it will run out of battery and be very difficult to get back on in the morning! Will end up charging by the afternoon, but in the meantime I'm lost without numbers in a second phone!!

I have to give my charger socket a dusting with the compressor every now and then. Starts having a panic attack thinking it is charge/driving mode.

So got the phone to charge today, as it reached one bar, within half an hour there was less battery in it than when i started!!!

And to really throw a spanner in, I unpluged the charger from the wall, but not the phone, and it showed that it was still charging!! The switched itself off and won't come back!!

Luckily I blue toothed the entire contents of the phonebook to an old phone before hand!!

Really really happy with my Nokia Lumia 820 here.

I did break the screen already and spent 60 euro getting it replaced. I have a protective surround on it now.

I must say that its one of the nicest phones I've ever used and believe me I am not easily pleased - I have zero patience.

Its not a "tough" phone but I really like it.

Battery power is light years ahead of the cheap and nasty Samsung that it replaced.

In my opinion, Nokia are back in the game big time...

Have to say the xperia Z I have is tougher then I expected. It's got a few fair squeezes in my pocket from machinery and no bother touch wood. Like you Cork I have zero patience with phones but this one hasn't annoyed me yet which is saying something.

I have the cat phone its a mighty job has got a fair few smacks now at this stage but holding up well.
The father has one of the cheap JCB non smart its an awful pain of a thing

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

i drove over my htc one phone with 35 and yard scraper and it still works, screen is smashed though- guts of 200 euro to fix, have an otterbox cover on it now

Back