Tough mobile phones

i drove over my htc one phone with 35 and yard scraper and it still works, screen is smashed though- guts of 200 euro to fix, have an otterbox cover on it now

Much the same phone here myself ive it over a year now but its getting shook but a strong phone

husbands has htc one too and you cant do anything with it, disaster, if you press a number it comes up 5 or 6 times

Mines starting to do that now,im not able to dial the numbers 123 on the keypad now so ive to text the phone numbers from my other phone to the htc to ring them:rolleyes:

I've some kind of a bog standard Nokia, don't even know what model it is. Very basic and lasting well, on my 2nd one. Had a couple of C2-01's before that, 6700's, E51's, basically a list of the models that succeeded the 5110 :thumbup:
Never had anything other than a Nokia, all the way back to my first mobile in 99, but I've had an awful lot of them :rolleyes:

ye and to unlock it can be an ordeal, we only have them since august...

they can be frustrating at times :no::no:but id rather the htc to my sony experia

I've some kind of a bog standard Nokia, don't even know what model it is. Very basic and lasting well, on my 2nd one. Had a couple of C2-01's before that, 6700's, E51's, basically a list of the models that succeeded the 5110 :thumbup:
Never had anything other than a Nokia, all the way back to my first mobile in 99, but I've had an awful lot of them :rolleyes:

If im able to work a touch screen phone,anyone can:tt2::tt2::tt2:

they can be frustrating at times :no::no:but id rather the htc to my sony experia

If im able to work a touch screen phone,anyone can:tt2::tt2::tt2:

Ah I use the phone for calls and texts, that's it. Laptop is for everything else and that suits me fine :thumbup:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/seals-ts3-smartphone-black.html

Noticed the crossland doesn't have a torch...... big minus point!! And had some bad reviews from friends of the JCB one.... So have found the above.

Although I am wondering, do I need a smartphone?? Could get a basic toughphone for half as much!!

People with smartphones, would you go back? Or are they a once smart phone, always a smartphone kind of thing????!

Noticed the crossland doesn't have a torch...... big minus point!! And had some bad reviews from friends of the JCB one.... So have found the above.

Although I am wondering, do I need a smartphone?? Could get a basic toughphone for half as much!!

People with smartphones, would you go back? Or are they a once smart phone, always a smartphone kind of thing????!

A lot of people say that once they get used to a smartphone its hard to go back. Simple things like checking weather apps or donedeal its feirce handy for

Sent from my iPhone using Talkatap

Mines starting to do that now,im not able to dial the numbers 123 on the keypad now so ive to text the phone numbers from my other phone to the htc to ring them:rolleyes:
ive had htc's for a few years now, no bother like that with them tho, and its not from use, vodaphone dose give me a new phone every year.
i had a few htc one's, and im on a one x at the moment, have a brand new one sitting in a box here spare.
but they are bringing out the new version at the end of next month, vodaphone were onto me lasy week again about another upgrade ( they love me hi )
so i asked him if i could hold out for the new htc and he said no bother, indeed, he is going to ring me once they are in stock.
i like the htc stuff, but ive always had a good case for them, a screen in belt holster type, its bulky, but keeps the phone safe.
i had nothing but nokia's either, from the very first phone i bought back in the 90's.
but nokia lost sight of things, so so did i.
changed to the smart phone after that, wouldnt go back.
A lot of people say that once they get used to a smartphone its hard to go back. Simple things like checking weather apps or donedeal its feirce handy for

yeah, i sure as hell wouldnt go back, the tinternet isnt the fastest round here, and its frustrating at times, but if im near any town its pretty quick.
wild handy for looking up stuff on the move.
the camera is the other big plus, always with you.

Always had nokias from when i got second phone(first was a block of a Motorola, swiftly got rid of for the 3310!) none were smart phones, then was given an iphone 4. I found it handy but had it in back of my mind that if it broke and i couldn't fix it(done a few backs and the home button) id probably just go back to a nokia, but when it did start to fail i ended up going off and changing to a 5s!
I just find it handy to be able to look stuff up whenever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny, I never feel the urge to look anything up during the day, maybe if I could I would. I'd be odd though, when I'm working I'm working and nothing gets in the way. I'd be bad to even answer the phone or make a call during the day if I was at something. The phone is an irritant most of the time, only there if needed. Anyway, if I could go on the internet all day to my heart's content what would I spend my evenings at? :D

It's funny, I never feel the urge to look anything up during the day, maybe if I could I would. I'd be odd though, when I'm working I'm working and nothing gets in the way. I'd be bad to even answer the phone or make a call during the day if I was at something. The phone is an irritant most of the time, only there if needed. Anyway, if I could go on the internet all day to my heart's content what would I spend my evenings at? :D

I was the same as you until one day I decided to see what all the fuss was about and bought a smart phone one day I was in town,il never buy another nokia again

When i was working in america last year my boss my coworker and meself were flat out looking up parts manuals for doing onsite repairs we found the smart phones a godsend. And if we needed parts we took photos of serial numbers to make sure we had them right it worked out very handy

When i was working in america last year my boss my coworker and meself were flat out looking up parts manuals for doing onsite repairs we found the smart phones a godsend. And if we needed parts we took photos of serial numbers to make sure we had them right it worked out very handy

Yeah I've the parts manuals for two machines downloaded to the phone here, makes it very handy looking things up. Also it's handy being able to look up nh parts for the tractor when your beside it.

I have the parts book for the baler in the baler, I'd reckon it's a lot easier to look through a big book when your hands are covered in oil and grease and silage? Same goes for most manuals, if I thought I'd need it I'd bring it with me.

I have the parts book for the baler in the baler, I'd reckon it's a lot easier to look through a big book when your hands are covered in oil and grease and silage? Same goes for most manuals, if I thought I'd need it I'd bring it with me.

Agree, I'd much rather have a big book but the last hedgecutter I bought didn't come with a parts book :( All online

Agree, I'd much rather have a big book but the last hedgecutter I bought didn't come with a parts book :( All online

[MENTION=832]tractorted[/MENTION] how old is that machine, I got a parts book last October 12 months with the hedgecutter, phones a Samsung BTW..

[MENTION=832]tractorted[/MENTION] how old is that machine, I got a parts book last October 12 months with the hedgecutter, phones a Samsung BTW..

Got her in 07, there was only a small operators manual with her, at most a dozen pages. Unless the dealer pilfered it for himself???? It was the first machine of that type that they'd sold but surely they'd have been supplied with one. Every other one we've got the parts book with them

Phone here is a Nexus 4....

I'd never have the phone out when working with machery.
The camera is the only thing I'd use really but when I'm home its easyer then the laptop.
I tink my head would be ate off if I spend the evening on the laptop anyway and didn't talk to the misssus [emoji1]

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

I'd never have the phone out when working with machery.
The camera is the only thing I'd use really but when I'm home its easyer then the laptop.
I tink my head would be ate off if I spend the evening on the laptop anyway and didn't talk to the misssus [emoji1]

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Oh give it time.... :rolleyes:

if your anything like me, you will be taking pictures of things during the day so you can look them up in the evenings..:lol:

the camera alone would be 50% of the reason id carry a smart phone.about

Sat Nav would be one of the main reasons I have a smart phone as well as I like techy phones anyway and the good camera is a bonus.

ive had htc's for a few years now, no bother like that with them tho, and its not from use, vodaphone dose give me a new phone every year.
i had a few htc one's, and im on a one x at the moment, have a brand new one sitting in a box here spare.
but they are bringing out the new version at the end of next month, vodaphone were onto me lasy week again about another upgrade ( they love me hi )
so i asked him if i could hold out for the new htc and he said no bother, indeed, he is going to ring me once they are in stock.
i like the htc stuff, but ive always had a good case for them, a screen in belt holster type, its bulky, but keeps the phone safe.

i had nothing but nokia's either, from the very first phone i bought back in the 90's.
but nokia lost sight of things, so so did i.
changed to the smart phone after that, wouldnt go back.

yeah, i sure as hell wouldnt go back, the tinternet isnt the fastest round here, and its frustrating at times, but if im near any town its pretty quick.
wild handy for looking up stuff on the move.
the camera is the other big plus, always with you.
My auld fella is the same as you with the upgrades, he has a monster plan and the phone is welded to his ear but he hasn't actually changed his phone in 3 upgrades,just sells them.

On the Nokia thing, the ones that have been released in the last couple of months are the first that have been developed by Microsoft since the takeover. They are technically better phones than Samsungs,HTC's and iPhones but the apps are letting them down. My brother has one for work and it links seamlessly with his laptop, has the best camera i have ever seen in a phone too. He scoffed at it when he got it first but I have to say it's an impressive machine.

Back