tractor for triple mowers

jcb411abuser

bear in mind i'm just thinking bout talking the boss into thinking about buying:sweatdrop:

the brother wants a big M, but i think a tractor would be best cause it won't sit around for 48 weeks of the year rusting and losing value, but he doesn't see it that way:001_rolleyes: plus she can always go on the buckrake when the mowing is done:thumbup:

question is though what tractor would be suitable? big enough to handle three 10ft moco's, yet small and agile enough that my brother won't laugh at the suggestion :sad:

7930 jd is out of the question, considered to much of a beast, 7530 jd has too small of an engine :confused1: so we have to look outside the john deere toy box any ideas?

I have cut a lot of grass with a puma 225 CVX with triple lely mowers, granted very easy to drive and no groupers/swarthers, but in an average crop I was cutting at 16k without too much bother. She'd be fit for more I reckon!

I have cut a lot of grass with a puma 225 CVX with triple lely mowers, granted very easy to drive and no groupers/swarthers, but in an average crop I was cutting at 16k without too much bother. She'd be fit for more I reckon!

is she fit for it, don't they have a very small engine for that kind of power?:001_unsure: i'm not trying to be thran, genuinely that would be an area of concern for us.

Plenty of boys up here running triples with conditioners on TM190's, granted there would be a chip/remap possibly up to about 250horse.:yes:

Know of a set of Claas triples/conditioners keeping infront of a MkI Class900 on a remapped NH T6080 for the past three years!!!!:scared:

Sure the "SlurryKat" man ran a set of JD triples on a JD6920s for a right few years.

used to work for a contractor ran triples on 818's with no problems kept conditioners as slack as poss tho

Triples here on a Valtra 8950 for many years, that contractor now has them on a Case IH CVX 1195.

Possibly still running both outfits at times :thumbup1:

Should have said 30' Claas Mowers.

Last edited:
is she fit for it, don't they have a very small engine for that kind of power?:001_unsure: i'm not trying to be thran, genuinely that would be an area of concern for us.

That 6.75l engine now does 300hp in the smaller Case IH combines so I wouldn't be worried about it, just spec it with factory fit reversible fan to keep it cool.

If I was buying the ideal triple's tractor. It'd be a NH T8050 with supersteer. I reckon that'd be awesome!

That 6.75l engine now does 300hp in the smaller Case IH combines so I wouldn't be worried about it, just spec it with factory fit reversible fan to keep it cool.

hmm if the small engines don't give bother it certainly opens up the options, kinda fancy a claas axion 850 myself, with the joystick for the hydraulics on the armrest, be nice for pushing in grass wiht :yes:

A 7 litre SDF, like a 165.7 or the new equivilant 640??
Can be re mapped for nowt, awesome power and a cooling pack to match. Hi line version has all the goodies on a joystick including shifting, even better go for the TVT version:thumbup1:
That would be my first choice for triples. I've driven a 180 Same (Deutz) which was remapped to 230hp was an animal and well fit for it esp if you're pushing it out through front, back and wheels so the stress isn't concentrated on one point. Just don't put a chipped/remapped tractor to the limit on draft work:no:
Steer clear of the bigger Lambo based tractors, havn't heard great reports:001_unsure:

Plenty of boys up here running triples with conditioners on TM190's, granted there would be a chip/remap possibly up to about 250horse.:yes:

The one closest to here isn't supposed to be chipped and copes ok, on the other hand one that has since been replaced was reputed to be near 300hp and worked hard for several seasons without major problems.

7930 jd is out of the question, considered to much of a beast, 7530 jd has too small of an engine :confused1: so we have to look outside the john deere toy box any ideas?

What harvester are you keeping in front of? There are plenty of 7530's on triple's around here and id have thought they would have been too low on power but according to a few of the operators there very happy with them.

A neighbor has class triple's on a JD 7810 and can keep away from a Claas 870 without a bother.

I didn't know that, will have to take a nosy next time i'm down! Did you get a run?
No, I declined....have a man not too far away with 2 of them if I wanted a run in 1, but I don't see the cvx going anywhere soon...nor being replaced by a Deere either.

No, I declined....have a man not too far away with 2 of them if I wanted a run in 1, but I don't see the cvx going anywhere soon...nor being replaced by a Deere either.

Why you say that?

Suppose you knew if you got a run in a 7530 the CVX would never feel half the tractor it was before? ;) :lol: oj lad nearly forgot your a deere man too

Glad its going well for ya, they seem to be a good bus:thumbup:

cvx 1190 is a far cry ahead of a jd 7530, they have weak engines in them where the cvx i have never seen a tractor to take abuse continiously like the cvx, the sisu engines are pretty much invincible imo

The BEST triples tractor you can get PERIOD(Ok maybe a 3800 just to make sure you have plenty of POKE!!):yes::
Shes some weapon on the lowloader too.
Think she will get some hours pushing trailers/harvester@ the maize this season too!!!

Attachments

• xerion sea.jpg
    xerion sea.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 115
  • xerion1.jpg
    xerion1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 117
  • xerion wide.jpg
    xerion wide.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
See he's on a 7530 these days :001_cool:

I heard that and the 6920s had MEGA hours on it and he may even still run it on the trailers?:001_huh:

Mate down in Omagh runs a 7530/Claas triples/con(chipped to 250horse when on mowers) infront of a JD7450 harvester and gets the job done but slow on hills.:sweatdrop:
Another mate up here in North Down runs a TM190/Kuhn triples/con infront of a FR9050(remapped to 550horse) and swears by it.:thumbup1:

it only has to stay in front of a jd 6850, light crops of grass aswell, going for four cuts next year(but if the weather keeps like this idk:confused1:) so not massive strain but still we would like ultimate reliability. so the general idea is that the small engines are coping fine with the big power output, and i'm sure that all the info is unbiased and trustworthy :whistling::lol: thanks lads can atleast broaden the search a wee bit now

Back