Trailer tyres

Blizzard95

Hello,
We have an old 10 x 6 trailer here which has 7.50 x 20 tyres, but the tyres are rotten.

I think by right a 7.00 x 20 (if there is such a size) would be most suited due to space between tyres that are on it.

Would any of you know where i may track down the above,may consider rims and tyres either.

Hello,
We have an old 10 x 6 trailer here which has 7.50 x 20 tyres, but the tyres are rotten.

I think by right a 7.00 x 20 (if there is such a size) would be most suited due to space between tyres that are on it.

Would any of you know where i may track down the above,may consider rims and tyres either.
Agrigear in cavan be good place to try

20 inch rims would be rare enough on anything other than cars and jeeps, more likely to find something in a 19.5 to go under a trailer .

I'd say changing the wheels will be a better job, open up different options to you and probably cheaper too

What's the stud pattern

Thanks for the replies, be open to replacing the wheels as well, the wheels are 6 stud, pcd approx 200mm, will have to check exactly

Hello,

Agrigear have remoulds in 750/20 got two of the m 4/5 years ago 90 +VAT then

I would be on for changing to either balloon tyres , 15.3s , or mini super singles , 385/65 x 19.5s. It will travel ground a lot better on either of those options.

Those 20 inch tyres are gone out of production for a long time now. Even a remould will be reusing the old carcass of a tyre made quite some time ago.

I would be on for changing to either balloon tyres , 15.3s , or mini super singles , 385/65 x 19.5s. It will travel ground a lot better on either of those options.

Those 20 inch tyres are gone out of production for a long time now. Even a remould will be reusing the old carcass of a tyre made quite some time ago.
I replaced 20s on a farm trailer a few years ago with super singles,those 20s were like hens teeth to find.
New wheels with offset centres weren't too dear and I put the remaining wheels and tyres on DoneDeal and nearly got my money back.

Eventually got round to getting an axle and wheels, had to go for the super single wheel, as anything in a twin wheel format was wider than the existing wheels, and with the chassis width would have been sticking out either side.

445/45 R19.5, very close in size to the original layout, some photos of the job. Had to remove part of brake disc, caliper carrier and shorten axle tube

upload_2020-6-14_22-42-4.png
upload_2020-6-14_22-42-52.png
upload_2020-6-14_22-43-27.png
upload_2020-6-14_22-44-38.png

Lovely job @Blizzard95 where did you pick them up do you mind me asking? I have a 9t tandem axle grain trailer on 6 stud aeroplane tyres, I was half thinking of trying to get two baby super single axles for it as even though it doesn't go on the road much they are not exactly ideal and would be a bit more saleable whenever it gets shifted.

Lovely job @Blizzard95 where did you pick them up do you mind me asking? I have a 9t tandem axle grain trailer on 6 stud aeroplane tyres, I was half thinking of trying to get two baby super single axles for it as even though it doesn't go on the road much they are not exactly ideal and would be a bit more saleable whenever it gets shifted.

I’ve a 14t grain trailer on aeroplane wheels the same,just welded 6 stud centres in some 385-22.5s,it’s miles better to tow now.

I’ve a 14t grain trailer on aeroplane wheels the same,just welded 6 stud centres in some 385-22.5s,it’s miles better to tow now.
I'd buy these but they are too far away to go get them really https://www.donedeal.ie/tractortyre...8-rims-and-tyres-to-fit-kane-trailer/25047474, I think I'd be limited on the size wheel because of the bogey, if I found 19.5 baby singles on 8 or 10 stud square axles it would be easy to cut them out and slot the new ones in.

I'd buy these but they are too far away to go get them really https://www.donedeal.ie/tractortyre...8-rims-and-tyres-to-fit-kane-trailer/25047474, I think I'd be limited on the size wheel because of the bogey, if I found 19.5 baby singles on 8 or 10 stud square axles it would be easy to cut them out and slot the new ones in.
Seen 19.5s with 6 studs but not recommended for use on tandems,8 and 10 stud baby singles with legal tyres are arond the £200 mark delivered here.

Screenshot_20200703_002448_ie.donedeal.android.jpg What kind of axle would you need to take these wheels, would a normal ROR or whatever 8 stud low loader axle do?

Back