Trailer tyres

A 19.5 will fit on a commercial 420mm 10 stud brake drum or a 8 stud agri axle. Those in your pic aren't 17.5's as in the description though. :scratchhead:
Sorry, that was just a screenshot of their add, here is the size listing
Check out this DoneDeal Ad!
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractortyre...wheels-tyres-rim-silage-tipping-baler/9698044 I wasn't sure if they fitted on a standard commercial axle drum, that would make it a bit easier being able to buy axles and wheels separately.

Probably best thread for it.

Ended up with 3 tyres on the 10t single axle trailer this evening when I could hear a hiss of air when I pulled on to the weighbridge. Of course the one beside it was on It's last legs or so I thought too.

So do I replace the two that are on it or does any one have thoughts on what to do? One of the other pair is near new.

ROR 10 stud round axle.

Thanks

Ended up with 3 tyres on the 10t single axle trailer this evening when I could hear a hiss of air when I pulled on to the weighbridge. Of course the one beside it was on It's last legs or so I thought too.

So do I replace the two that are on it or does any one have thoughts on what to do? One of the other pair is near new.

ROR 10 stud round axle.

Thanks
Into the local tyre place and see if they’ve anything a reasonable match to the other 3? Local spot normally has a heap of them made up on rims so it’s just a case of grabbing which ever has the right rim to match

ROR 10 stud round axle.

Thanks
What size?
I have a few spares here that may suit.

@nashmach i was also going to suggest a pair of super singles but on a trailer that size in single axle they tend to get fierce bouncy IMO with grain on board, fine with silage, but a bit wobbly tipping too.

If he got one puncture with super singles he wouldn't have gotten home at all..........
Very true too. I had one blow out on a tandem trailer last year just after I tipped the load, was fairly lucky! The bang echoing through all the sheds in the merchants yard had everyone wondering what had happened, one of the lads that was getting loaded thought the loader driver was after slapping the side of the new shed 😂

Very true too. I had one blow out on a tandem trailer last year just after I tipped the load, was fairly lucky! The bang echoing through all the sheds in the merchants yard had everyone wondering what had happened, one of the lads that was getting loaded thought the loader driver was after slapping the side of the new shed 😂
I think super singles are neither one thing nor another at this stage as a replacement for twins, if I was changing from twins I'd go floatation altogether.

I think super singles are neither one thing nor another at this stage as a replacement for twins, if I was changing from twins I'd go floatation altogether.
Maybe, but depends on what it’s used for, a trailer that draws grain only, parked on the headland and filled, then run up the road to the yard it’s very hard look passed a super single. A trailer that’s dragged round filling beside the combine or used as a silage trailer too then definitely floats are the only option IMO. In 12 the difference in tires was glaringly obvious at silage, I’d a trailer with 18r’s others had super singles and one lad had 560’s. The 18’s would sink about 2” less than the super singles but the floats traveled out over the same ground without breaking the sod at all

Maybe, but depends on what it’s used for, a trailer that draws grain only, parked on the headland and filled, then run up the road to the yard it’s very hard look passed a super single. A trailer that’s dragged round filling beside the combine or used as a silage trailer too then definitely floats are the only option IMO. In 12 the difference in tires was glaringly obvious at silage, I’d a trailer with 18r’s others had super singles and one lad had 560’s. The 18’s would sink about 2” less than the super singles but the floats traveled out over the same ground without breaking the sod at all
I'm talking about going to the bother of taking off twins and changing them for something else though. If there are super singles on the trailer I wouldn't be going taking them off to put on floatations for the sake of a few loads of grain a year. I don't see the advantage in replacing twins with super singles is all I'm saying. The trailer in your first scenario would work fine on twins too.

ROR 10 stud round axle.

Thanks
Any of the tyre places I have gone to with one of a pair needing replacement have said to replace both to keep the heights the same or the new one will be carrying more of the load, probably more important on a single axle.

I'm talking about going to the bother of taking off twins and changing them for something else though. If there are super singles on the trailer I wouldn't be going taking them off to put on floatations for the sake of a few loads of grain a year. I don't see the advantage in replacing twins with super singles is all I'm saying. The trailer in your first scenario would work fine on twins too.
Barring you were going drawing beet. A pair of twin wheels put a stop to the gallop on many a headland over the year

@nashmach i was also going to suggest a pair of super singles but on a trailer that size in single axle they tend to get fierce bouncy IMO with grain on board, fine with silage, but a bit wobbly tipping too.

Sorry I had to rush off there. That's what I was really querying, do I replace like for like or use this as the excuse to go the full hog with super singles and offset rims.

You have reminded me now of a similar trailer to our one that we had here a few years back. It was on super singles and even at 25km, it would bounce you all over the place.

The trailer is currently used for drawing silage bales too and I do like the extra "flotation " of the twins if I'm being honest so I think I'll replace like for like.

Sorry I had to rush off there. That's what I was really querying, do I replace like for like or use this as the excuse to go the full hog with super singles and offset rims.

You have reminded me now of a similar trailer to our one that we had here a few years back. It was on super singles and even at 25km, it would bounce you all over the place.

The trailer is currently used for drawing silage bales too and I do like the extra "flotation " of the twins if I'm being honest so I think I'll replace like for like.
If its a trailer thats going to be around long term, then try and go SS, and as big as you can. I have a tipper here on 425's and they are a lot more decent a tyre than 385's
Better still floatation tyres, but you are into strong money then.

If its a trailer thats going to be around long term, then try and go SS, and as big as you can. I have a tipper here on 425's and they are a lot more decent a tyre than 385's
What is the 425's used on,
I have a dump trailer and I get used 385's from a lorry man, it's used of road only and they get cut on stones so not worth new tyres

What is the 425's used on,
I have a dump trailer and I get used 385's from a lorry man, it's used of road only and they get cut on stones so not worth new tyres
It’s a long time ago since I bought that axle/wheels but I think they were common on milk tankers

I’ve 425s on my hooklift,they carry heavy weight better than 385s.

Local contractors have 560 alliance floats on their trailers,just gone 2 years old and there fecked,every morning they have to go round checking tyre pressures because there always going down.

I’ve 425s on my hooklift,they carry heavy weight better than 385s.

Local contractors have 560 alliance floats on their trailers,just gone 2 years old and there fecked,every morning they have to go round checking tyre pressures because there always going down.
There is a surprise.
I will hazard a guess that Alliance tyres were soooo helpful.

There is a surprise.
I will hazard a guess that Alliance tyres were soooo helpful.

Isn't it just as surprising how several prominent YouTube channel farmers have put on full sets of Alliance tyres on their tractors , and are ecstatically praising the tyres . 1 of them put a pair of them on his Abbey tanker as well , and they made such a difference to it .
When he wasmputting the tyres on the tractor, he admitted that.he had never dealt with the tyre crowd supplying the tyres before ....
Doggiebone Aliance tyres from the 80s , known as that because of the grip shape , weren't fit to put on top of a heap of silage

I'd say those 425's would be rare enough with an offset rim as well though.

I wouldn't see it staying long term to be honest but it may do another while now anyway with new lights and a few tyres for it!!!

I wouldn't see it staying long term to be honest but it may do another while now anyway with new lights and a few tyres for it!!!
Would a single axle trailer like that get very wavy if it was on flotation?

I might have spares wheels to suit that trailer. Give me a text with size and i will see what i have, nash

Back