Trailers

Just another query - is a load sensing valve available with air brakes only rather than with hyraulic brakes?
Is there much cost difference between hyrdraulic & air over hydraulic?
Don't know anything about either so just want to get an idea of what's different

Just another query - is a load sensing valve available with air brakes only rather than with hyraulic brakes?
Is there much cost difference between hyrdraulic & air over hydraulic?
Don't know anything about either so just want to get an idea of what's different
They can be got on both air and oil brakes

If you are dropping trailers on and off regular then the swivel eye can be a balls or maybe it is just I am out of practice lining things up perfectly every time. Fixed eye can still be caught if you catch the side if that makes sense

If you are dropping trailers on and off regular then the swivel eye can be a balls or maybe it is just I am out of practice lining things up perfectly every time. Fixed eye can still be caught if you catch the side if that makes sense
Not just you, none here but if there was :weld::weld:.

definitely not the usual trailers you see out and about. Those fliegl trailers would be a great job if they had commercial axles in them seems an odd ommission to the spec when you consider the price of them new.

I think the Fliegels could be the ones I did an article on from Staffordshire. Contractng family who sold up and had some MacDon headers

See the lowloader is gone of the donedeal id say der was a few pound to be made when it was fixed up.

I dunno, you would basically be making a new low loader bar the axles and drawbar. :001_unsure:

The cross members looked allright id say you would just flip it over and cut out the two main beams and weld in two new ones clean it down and spray it.
fit new floor and lights about a thousand euros in materials and plenty of time.
You would have a good lowloader for small money.

The cross members looked allright id say you would just flip it over and cut out the two main beams and weld in two new ones clean it down and spray it.
fit new floor and lights about a thousand euros in materials and plenty of time.
You would have a good lowloader for small money.

Given the condition though of the beams, would you really trust the crewmembers to be much better? I know I'd be wary.

You would have to wonder what it was at, either constantly near the coast or on salty roads in winter.

I suppose the only way you would know would be to go and see it.
The crossmembers around the wheels could well be rusted away too

As good a place as any for this I suppose.
I've heard from no less then 3 completely sources over the past week that the RSA are pulling trailers (jeep trailers)over and performing road side checks on them. The 3 cases I've heard about all resulted in the trailer been impounded. It gets better, one of the trailers was brand new and on it's first day out. Something about the brakes although how the RSA could determine anything there is beyond me. The old man was at a meeting last night and he was saying a great deal of time was spent on this very subject. There's going to be a lot of scrap aluminium about the way things are going.

As good a place as any for this I suppose.
I've heard from no less then 3 completely sources over the past week that the RSA are pulling trailers (jeep trailers)over and performing road side checks on them. The 3 cases I've heard about all resulted in the trailer been impounded. It gets better, one of the trailers was brand new and on it's first day out. Something about the brakes although how the RSA could determine anything there is beyond me. The old man was at a meeting last night and he was saying a great deal of time was spent on this very subject. There's going to be a lot of scrap aluminium about the way things are going.

To be honest, that can't be a bad thing. How much longer before they will be subject to a test??

In other trailer related items, I doubt this drawbar would bend!!
http://www.donedeal.ie/silagetrailers-for-sale/18ft-bale-trailer/7500567

Right length but I don't think the 3600 would be able for that drawbar FP :D
[MENTION=2051]kverneland es 80[/MENTION], check out Poole Trailers on FB.:thumbup:

The only thing about it is the axle looks a bit far back to me... Could stick 4ft on the back and get 5 bales on :whistle: be a solid lump of a trailer tho, axle has brakes to would just need Rams and plumbing Id imagine!

And those pooles are nice trailers alright!

The only thing about it is the axle looks a bit far back to me... Could stick 4ft on the back and get 5 bales on :whistle: be a solid lump of a trailer tho, axle has brakes to would just need Rams and plumbing Id imagine!

And those pooles are nice trailers alright!

It does look a bit back alright! 2 ft would make a difference there. I'd doubt the brakes work to be honest.....

:D

It was the drawbar I was :eek::eek:

Back