Trailers

Gpm, linden, obe, flemming and MCM engineering

:sad: oh dear o dear, what can i say really... slippery slope...

would that qualify as, a stand in the corner moment...:whistling:

or is your clutch slipping too:lol:

on the other hand, maybe its a different fleming than halls flemming, and if so, i take all back, top of the class for you me boy.:whistling::lol::lol:

:sad: oh dear o dear, what can i say really... slippery slope...

would that qualify as, a stand in the corner moment...:whistling:

or is your clutch slipping too:lol:

on the other hand, maybe its a different fleming than halls flemming, and if so, i take all back, top of the class for you me boy.:whistling::lol::lol:

I had of course seen Hall's 'flemming', but I presumed he was talking about a different company to the 'fleming' I mentioned..

:blushing:

Are Brennan trailers still been made?

Horse walkers is what they do mainly now afaik,

Didn't think so.

Some of his early trailers were excellent. If only I could find a nice 16ft single axle teak trailer with dropsides. A few timber tandem axles of theirs near me and they are still going strong.

His paint work was superb.

I am sure it led to the springing up of a lot of those manufacturers in Carlow.

I drove by them on Sat and they had a dropside trailer up there, didnt look 16 foot but might be worth a call

i never liked jpm but some here do.

to be fair, you could do all that damage in one go if you handled things badly from the digger seat.

i dont think it was the tipping that done that, at an educated guess id say any time she got stuck they put the bucket of the digger against the headboard and pushed, the hinges have been ripped forward if you look.
as for the bogie, well, that could happen as quick if the weight of the digger was put on the back of the trailer.
altho, they didnt exactly run for the welder when they seen the first crack did they.
rough men id say, but along with that, a lightish trailer.

We have a JPM dumper and get on okay with it. The body has haded a few patches but it has hauled a fair amount of stuff and we bought it second hand. Should be home next week so hopefully get some pics when I am there.

just as a side topic, something interesting here for you,

The trend to go for the new 'Tub bodies' on monocoque style trailers is supposedly, more capacity and strength, less weight,

one plate is a 2002 160/13.0 Redrock silage trailer
the other plate is a 2011 160/13.0 Redrock trailer, the new trailer being the tub type . . . .

I will mention at this point, the '02 trailer was supplied on 15Rx22.5 'Super singles' and upgraded to 18.5X19's
The new trailer is on 560's from factory

Both rocking bogie 10 stud axles, the same spec.

Attachments

• 27052011203 (Medium).jpg
    27052011203 (Medium).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 20052011166 (Medium).jpg
    20052011166 (Medium).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 93
just as a side topic, something interesting here for you,

The trend to go for the new 'Tub bodies' on monocoque style trailers is supposedly, more capacity and strength, less weight,

one plate is a 2002 160/13.0 Redrock silage trailer
the other plate is a 2011 160/13.0 Redrock trailer, the new trailer being the tub type . . . .

I will mention at this point, the '02 trailer was supplied on 15Rx22.5 'Super singles' and upgraded to 18.5X19's
The new trailer is on 560's from factory

Both rocking bogie 10 stud axles, the same spec.
bit of a difference in the gross weight alright.

How does the new one compare to the old one then O'hEidin in terms of ease of pull, build quality, etc?

bit of a difference in the gross weight alright.

The two plates aren't clear,

the older trailer has a net weight when manufactured (with super singles) of 4340kg, the older newer, supposedly lighter trailer is 4680kg albeit with wider tyres.

Would be a lot stronger though...a mate was in Kanes...must be 2 years ago now...specing his old type trailer & the chat came round about the weight / strength of the halfpipes...he hands the mate a bit of lightish steel bar & says if you can bend that I'll give you the trailer for free....he tried his best, but still had to pay for it :lol:.

Would be a lot stronger though...a mate was in Kanes...must be 2 years ago now...specing his old type trailer & the chat came round about the weight / strength of the halfpipes...he hands the mate a bit of lightish steel bar & says if you can bend that I'll give you the trailer for free....he tried his best, but still had to pay for it :lol:.
that would be the kane boys alright, straight to the point.

so, are we saying here that a halfpipe design is stronger than a conventional design? ( body only )

What about these ones:thumbup::
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9OKwdes-RE"]YouTube - ‪Kat Trailers - Silage and Grain Trailers‬‏[/ame]

Back