Trailers

seems very cheap or is it just me?

I didn't think it was that cheap, until I seen a 1998 HILL 16t dump trailer go £5800 in an auction today :ohmy: I may go back to doing CAD if they are making crazy prices. I thought trailers advertised in the south had crazy prices maybe not now :confused1: In fairness it was a dear auction for a 2007 zaxis 130 went for £35.5k + fees.

I didn't think it was that cheap, until I seen a 1998 HILL 16t dump trailer go £5800 in an auction today :ohmy: I may go back to doing CAD if they are making crazy prices. I thought trailers advertised in the south had crazy prices maybe not now :confused1: In fairness it was a dear auction for a 2007 zaxis 130 went for £35.5k + fees.

That is absolutely crazy money for that dump trailer. Half that would be enough!

you at mid ulster?
i didnt go, hadnt time.
ya could of spent the whole week at auctions this week if you played your cards right.

nah dont like their T&Cs.. cheffins online looking a long reach digger and zero tail mini but hens teeth are handier got!

Might be looking for a general purpose steel tipping trailer but not dump trailer.....tandem axle, super singles....approx 15&7 or thereabouts...what do people recommend and what should I expect to pay new/secondhand? :001_smile:

has to be worth a look seems real good value!

Last edited:
Seems like exactly what KKKerry wants.

Looks well made but is it more tipper spec rather than dump trailer spec?

ya it looks well made alright,the ramps make it feirce versatile aswell, it would strip down fairly easily to carry bales if needed also.

Yes indeed - something like this alright.....

Anybody remember Treanor Trailers Monaghan....have a 12 x 6.5 one of these to shift first (complete with never used silage rails :) )....needs a new floor though :hammer:

€800 and why I don't know but that seems to be the run of the market for them without brakes I assume?

they are small now i guess.
there will be a man for it tho.

I think you have me wrong - I think they are too dear at that.

Most around here are now just used for plastic run or the seed trailer. Still I won't mind spending €400 on ours when the time comes to put a braked axle under it. Here well over 40 years now - I'm the 3rd generation using it :scared:

Most around here are now just used for plastic run or the seed trailer. Still I won't mind spending €400 on ours when the time comes to put a braked axle under it. Here well over 40 years now - I'm the 3rd generation using it :scared:
€800 wouldnt be dear for that tho.

Our seed trailer was made out of a Black and Tan chain drive lorry.It was originally solid wheels but somebody had drilled the old solid centres and fitted 8 stud wheels. The chassis was revited by a blacksmith.

Would you sell it for €500?

Would you sell it for €500?

In the current market, no.

But if road legislation changes all of these will need a braked axle and lights done properly. Very few of these around our way even have lights :no: like FFS a lighting bar is only around €30! :001_rolleyes:

But if road legislation changes all of these will need a braked axle and lights done properly. Very few of these around our way even have lights :no: like FFS a lighting bar is only around €30! :001_rolleyes:

It actually has brakes of some kind alright - in the form of a handbrake that has never been used in around 25 years - still there though & not damaged....just seized I would think :001_smile:

i wouldnt panic about legislation, it will take a while yet....
but lights should be law, i know it is by right but nobody seems to bother policing it too much really.

It actually has brakes of some kind alright - in the form of a handbrake that has never been used in around 25 years - still there though & not damaged....just seized I would think :001_smile:

That is on ours too - I was warned as a youngster not to touch it :laugh:

While talking about trailers anybody like to put a real value on a trailer for me ?

13x8 Lee with grain ,silage and low rear door .Auto latch .Lights and brakes working . All good timber and dried grain proof .

While talking about trailers anybody like to put a real value on a trailer for me ?

13x8 Lee with grain ,silage and low rear door .Auto latch .Lights and brakes working . All good timber and dried grain proof .

Twin wheels or have you changed it to super singles?

€1600 :confused1:

Still on twins but i have ss here for it

You will get more for it with the SS's.

Very tidy 14x8 here at a local dealer last year was sold at €2200 with SS.

13x8 should be around €1800 then with SS - would want to be very good though to get that.

Back