Tumosan

If he put 30k down on a house or apt or the stock market. Would he do better than a Tomoson or Hatat or a clapped out 110-90 or 390? I’m thinking of something for 130-150k and rent for 650-750/month. Would his rent pay balance of owed on mortgage?

If he put 30k down on a house or apt or the stock market. Would he do better than a Tomoson or Hatat or a clapped out 110-90 or 390? I’m thinking of something for 130-150k and rent for 650-750/month. Would his rent pay balance of owed on mortgage?

Dont think you would get a low interest mortgage on a rented property. And you assume you dont get nightmare tenants who either dont pay or wreak the property or both.

I know someone who has put a deposit on a a 2002 NH TS90 with 8000 hours on it. The dealer is asking €26k for it. Albeit there's a rough enough McConnell loader on it. But a neighbour of ours bought a TS90 in 2002 and IICRC, it was somewhere in the region of €28k new. If you buy a good brand of low Hp tractor, they will hold their value quite well. Cheaper brands are a very hard sell second hand.

I know someone who has put a deposit on a a 2002 NH TS90 with 8000 hours on it. The dealer is asking €26k for it. Albeit there's a rough enough McConnell loader on it. But a neighbour of ours bought a TS90 in 2002 and IICRC, it was somewhere in the region of €28k new. If you buy a good brand of low Hp tractor, they will hold their value quite well. Cheaper brands are a very hard sell second hand.
That's correct, there's a New Holland TS brochure here someplace with prices on it from 2002 and that was around 28k .
Pity it wasn't bought at the time !!

Right the point is I’m not planning on buying a tumosan or hattat tractors I saw them on done deal and was curious. It’s as simple as that, I know well the likes of NH, JD and Masseys are a better buy and if I had money to spare I’d buy them instead, I was inside one evening with the feet up and decided I’d ask on here about them :Thumbp2:

Right the point is I’m not planning on buying a tumosan or hattat tractors I saw them on done deal and was curious. It’s as simple as that, I know well the likes of NH, JD and Masseys are a better buy and if I had money to spare I’d buy them instead, I was inside one evening with the feet up and decided I’d ask on here about them :Thumbp2:
At least your thread hasn’t escalated like the wuffler one did, or not yet anyway!!:fight:

You are no longer 'Drawn to them' then :wink:

If a tidy second hand one came up it might be worth a punt depending on intended use, at least the big depreciation hit would be absorbed by then.

You'll get used to thres escalating!!

Do me a favour. If your wondering about silage wagons vs self propelled forage harvester DON'T WONDER IT HERE unless you want a proper bit of escalating! :lol::lol:

There’s been a Tumosan parked in a local dealers for sale for a number of years now, it’s one of the square bonnet types. Looks very clean and little used, there obviously isn’t much faith in them judging by that. Wouldn’t mind driving one for a few hours to see if it’s that awkward or uncomfortable that people don’t look for them. I’m presuming it’s mostly the longevity and depreciation rather than creature comfort that puts people off them.
And no, I’m not looking for a tractor!

but you can,t put in a bale of silage with a house or spread a bit of slurry either :Whistle2: as for the stockmarket i,d go for the tumosan any day :smile:

There’s been a Tumosan parked in a local dealers for sale for a number of years now, it’s one of the square bonnet types. Looks very clean and little used, there obviously isn’t much faith in them judging by that. Wouldn’t mind driving one for a few hours to see if it’s that awkward or uncomfortable that people don’t look for them. I’m presuming it’s mostly the longevity and depreciation rather than creature comfort that puts people off them.
And no, I’m not looking for a tractor!

2wd one or the 4wd with the loader? Kubota in the first case and Landini in the second replaced them I believe...

Be a grand upgrade from the Leyland :Thumbp2:

I drive one of the “new” shape(non fiat style) ones regular enough, it’s only got about 400 odd hours over nearly 6 years and I’ve probably put the half of that on it. there a bit clunky and are fairly basic but they get the job done. it starts first tip even on a cold morning having sat up for a week or 2.
Gear levers are fairly well positioned you don’t have to go reaching for them but there is 4 of them, 2 ranges on 1, 4 gears on the other on your right, then forward and reverse on one and a hi low splitter on the other on your left.
The pto switch has a delay in it to start which is very annoying and it will let anything wind itself down when you turn it off which is probably easier on the likes of a topper drive line but I’d say it could slow a bit quicker all the same.
It’s fairly gutsy engine and it hangs on well in fairness to it.
The lift levers are low down and can get a bit jumpy if not used and oiled regular and the 2 spool levers are fairly awkward, small and stuck down behind the seat kind of. There’s also no floats which is a pain when lowering a trailer as you have to hold the lever and dead end the spool. The couplings are also just normal type hydraulic fittings that you have to push back the collar on rather than the ones you can just grab the pipe and pull out.
The lift arms seem quite long on it which means there’s a good bit of clearance between anything and the cab but it has no problem lifting a 7ft maschio rotavator
It has one of those plastic leathery type seats which is horrendous on a hot sweaty day even with the aircon on. The cab is fairly roomy but at the same time the dash is a bit close to you because the steering wheel is so flat.

would I buy one myself, probably not but mainly for the reasons listed by others above as in you’d get a tl/ts for similar money and it will probably hold its value, but for some they ppl they do suit them, one advantage I would see is that if your vat registered your gona be able to claim it back versus most older 2nd hand yokes probably being under the “margin scheme” thing where you can’t claim vat

That is some review @drew
I don’t know if it comes across as good or bad:lol::lol::scratchhead: but just what I’ve found from driving it.

One other point I’ve just thought of too that is in there favour and probably helping to sell the ones that are selling, bearing in mind most seem to be replacing fairly old tractors, is that banks have been sticky over the last while financing older tractors that would be in a similar price range. To them 2nd hands are too old whereas it’s a new Reg number so they’ll throw money out for it a lot quicker

2wd one or the 4wd with the loader? Kubota in the first case and Landini in the second replaced them I believe...

Be a grand upgrade from the Leyland :Thumbp2:
4wd with the loader, nah, it wouldn’t have enough oil flow to match the Leyland...:lol:

If I had a budget of €33k and wanted something basic, a Tumosan (or any of these copycat type tractors) would be the last thing I would put it into tbh.
Half that budget would probably buy a nice 390T which will probably appreciate in value
Or if you like Fiat based tractors, a New Holland TL/TLA or such. €33k should buy something very nice
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/new-holland-tl100-only-900hrs/23474438
MzNhM2MxMWYzZmRlMWIxYjgzZDg2MDllMWQ0M2FhOTho13gTguN8SnNTFURobgpEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzYyOTEyMTR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Arthur do you seriously believe the hours? Reduce respray resell springs to mind

the only thing that is making me wonder is the front tyres, they seem too far down for 900hrs. Now, of course if it was working on abrasive surfaces doing loader work they could wear fast.

the only thing that is making me wonder is the front tyres, they seem too far down for 900hrs. Now, of course if it was working on abrasive surfaces doing loader work they could wear fast.
The dealers regularly swap around wheels on those when they're coming in, I'd say those rims were sprayed anyway. Unusual for a 00 reg to have the electric shuttle, I didn't actually think hey had them then.

If she is genuine she is value at that money

Arthur do you seriously believe the hours? Reduce respray resell springs to mind
If it is Ex uk councill I can well believe it.
Judging by the loader it has been loading either agregates at a yard or road salt.
Either way. 15 minuites now and then jobs. Which would wear tyres fairly quick.

Also the loader has SWL 1600 kg on it. Suggests to me that she was tested to that weight, don't know many farms that do that!

Cab interior would suggest very low hours, even if they aren't correct it hasn't been over used, NH wheel paint was never the best so I would put no heed on resprayed rims on a 19 yr old tractor.
MzI3NjdiZmRkZDVhNTI5ZWVjNjhmMjVmYjM1MDEzM2YzRYXX4uKV9Cd0SsEDMrnlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzYyOTEyMTB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
That clutch pedal hasn't been used much anyway

Back